Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Do I need the fuel pump venturi port?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Spacecowboy067
Enthusiast
Spacecowboy067

Name : Luis
Merit : 4

Do I need the fuel pump venturi port?  Empty
PostSubject: Do I need the fuel pump venturi port?    Do I need the fuel pump venturi port?  EmptyMon Mar 07, 2022 4:43 pm

Like the title says, I'm installing a Walbro 255 and don't know what this little black hose is? I don't see it hooked up in any of the pictures of fuel pump jobs for 3800s,  but the new pump has a slot for the brass venturi fitting that connects to the hose except the fitting from the OEM pump doesn't fit on the walbro. Any advice? I have a hole cut out of the bottom of the canister for extra reach just in case.Do I need the fuel pump venturi port?  Screen10
Do I need the fuel pump venturi port?  Screen11
Back to top Go down
LARRY70GS
Aficionado
LARRY70GS

Name : Larry
Merit : 149

PostSubject: Re: Do I need the fuel pump venturi port?    Do I need the fuel pump venturi port?  EmptyMon Mar 07, 2022 7:11 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHCda-t_Jls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfT2tEO4XcU
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

Merit : 105

PostSubject: Re: Do I need the fuel pump venturi port?    Do I need the fuel pump venturi port?  EmptyMon Mar 07, 2022 11:58 pm

IIRC the Walbro doesn't come with a venturi port. You have to buy one that has been modified to add the port. I can't recall if I got mine through Intense, ZZP, or W Body store - but at any rate all they did was drill a hole in the top of the pump and weakly glue or screw in the venturi nipple. The nipple broke off as soon as I tried to mount that black line. The black line wants to come in at an angle, so I used the JB Weld for repairing gas tanks to glue the nipple back on at an angle. It came loose again, but didn't totally come off, and I've been running it like that for a couple years with no problems. Other than that the pump won't hold pressure in the line when off, but that seems to be an inherent problem with the pump, not the mod. Turtleman switched to an even higher flowing pump that does hold pressure in the line, but I can't recall the brand off the top of my head. If it comes with a stout, properly manufactured venturi nipple I'd recommend it over the Walbro in a heartbeat.

One other thing, if you haven't mounted the white accordian line yet you are going to be hating life real soon. You really need three or four hands for that job, and a +10 resistance to heat. You only have about one second between the moment that plastic becomes malleable enough to slip over its nipple and the moment it melts away, so you might want to have spare lines handy when you do this job.

Spacecowboy067 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Spacecowboy067
Enthusiast
Spacecowboy067

Name : Luis
Merit : 4

PostSubject: Re: Do I need the fuel pump venturi port?    Do I need the fuel pump venturi port?  EmptyTue Mar 08, 2022 7:19 am

Well I guess we'll see how it goes. As of all night it's running pretty well. Just sealed off the venturi nip with a grommet and cut the bottom of the canister so the filter could reach all the way. Replaced the fuel sender too. Now it finally reads accurately, so far. If it ends up failing somehow, guess I'll look for one with a better venturi built in, this walbro is just the one I happened to have at the moment and figured it couldn't be worse than my failing OEM pump haha

And I did indeed have four hands for the hose! Made it really easy other than the shitty heating
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do I need the fuel pump venturi port?    Do I need the fuel pump venturi port?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Do I need the fuel pump venturi port?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   General Tech :: Care & Maintenance-
Jump to: