Riviera Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource
 
HomeDashboardSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

 

 hard brake pedal and can`t start engine.

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R


Joined : 2007-01-16
Post Count : 7840
Merit : 98

hard brake pedal and can`t start engine. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hard brake pedal and can`t start engine.   hard brake pedal and can`t start engine. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2022 3:11 pm

Huh, I have no explanation for that. Unless your pedal was already in the fully depressed position when you were pushing on it, but surely you would have noticed.
Back to top Go down
stan
Expert



Joined : 2007-07-01
Post Count : 2537
Merit : 11

hard brake pedal and can`t start engine. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hard brake pedal and can`t start engine.   hard brake pedal and can`t start engine. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2022 10:08 pm

Jack the R wrote:
Huh, I have no explanation for that.  Unless your pedal was already in the fully depressed position when you were pushing on it, but surely you would have noticed.  

Jack the R ,no ,the brake pedal wasn't in depressed position , was in as normal upper position. But it some how got hard and I couldn't even depress it. He only had to fill up (and bleed) with brake fluid and all went normal he said.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj


Name :
Location : Finger Lakes of New York State
Joined : 2007-05-31
Post Count : 8470
Merit : 179

hard brake pedal and can`t start engine. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hard brake pedal and can`t start engine.   hard brake pedal and can`t start engine. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2022 1:41 pm

stan wrote:
Jack the R wrote:
Huh, I have no explanation for that.  Unless your pedal was already in the fully depressed position when you were pushing on it, but surely you would have noticed.  

Jack the R ,no ,the brake pedal wasn't in depressed position , was in as normal upper position. But it some how got hard and I couldn't even depress it. He only had to fill up (and bleed) with brake fluid and all went normal he said.


...I would probably replace the MC anyway - but I wasn't there so I think I'll just be quiet.
Back to top Go down
stan
Expert



Joined : 2007-07-01
Post Count : 2537
Merit : 11

hard brake pedal and can`t start engine. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hard brake pedal and can`t start engine.   hard brake pedal and can`t start engine. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2022 4:45 pm

albertj wrote:



...I would probably replace the MC anyway - but I wasn't there so I think I'll just be quiet.


albertj... should i replace the MC myself or if it works than it works and live with it?
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj


Name :
Location : Finger Lakes of New York State
Joined : 2007-05-31
Post Count : 8470
Merit : 179

hard brake pedal and can`t start engine. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hard brake pedal and can`t start engine.   hard brake pedal and can`t start engine. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2022 9:51 pm

stan wrote:
albertj wrote:



...I would probably replace the MC anyway - but I wasn't there so I think I'll just be quiet.


albertj... should i replace the MC myself or if it works than it works and live with it?

I'd ask the mechanic why he thought it stuck in the first place.

Don't overthink it.

There could be nothing wrong except for air having been trapped in the brake system, which in certain conditions will make the MC stick. ONce that's resolved, no problem.

So - ask the mechanic. A mechanic sharp enough to recognize that condition and fix it quickly will be able to give you a better opinion of that MC than I would from where I'm sitting. My guess is the answer is 'fuggeddaboudit for now.' But ask.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





hard brake pedal and can`t start engine. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hard brake pedal and can`t start engine.   hard brake pedal and can`t start engine. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
hard brake pedal and can`t start engine.
Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
 Similar topics
-
» Noise from brake pedal
» E-Brake Pedal Not Coming All Of The Way Up
» Brake pedal clicks
» Vibrations in brake pedal
» Brake Pedal Position Change - Finito!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riviera Performance ::   General Tech :: Brakes & Suspension-
Jump to: