Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color)

Go down 
+57
69GSColorado
rivparadise
saintsnsinners
RidzRiv
Z-type
charlieRobinson
95 S C Riv
LaFlare
spinner421
deekster_caddy
J. Chris Davis
black shadow
krazyfish
95rivy
BigRay1125
dreww
Abaddon
DEMonte1997
Derek
BMD
nebstewart07
sburch23
crosss3
Eldo
Rickw
LARRY70GS
#1BearsFan
agrimm34
albertj
PAT906
Lucas
T Riley
Buapo
Shintsu
ToledoRIv
98riv
'96reese
Titan4
ZEP
96RIVMANN
palermocorey90
steel2040
Jack the R
jax95riv
Mr.Riviera
SpaceBar
allfalldown
mcgusto82
AA
xxsupergman25xx
99Rivman
turtleman
racinfan
Andysdorm
NO 4 EVR
61 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
BigRay1125
Enthusiast
BigRay1125

Name : Ray
Merit : 5

FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color)   FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color) - Page 7 EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 3:07 pm

THANX FOR THE WARNING
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2687212/1995-buick-riviera
black shadow
Enthusiast
black shadow

Name : walter
Merit : 3

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color)   FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color) - Page 7 EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 6:31 pm

if you don't want to go that way I have some of the originals, I think I have 5 or 6 of them.
Back to top Go down
BigRay1125
Enthusiast
BigRay1125

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color)   FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color) - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 7:46 am

OK I NEED 2 HERE`S MY EMAIL SO WE CAN WORK OUT THE DETAIL RAYP112568@YAHOO.COM
Back to top Go down
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

Name : Codith
Merit : 140

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color)   FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color) - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 8:36 pm

12v LEDs work safely and they will last practically forever. I used some for that spot and also the interior door handles. They work pretty good but the light is more pointy than the original incandescent lamps, of course.

Here's how I did mine.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 181

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color)   FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color) - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 10:02 pm

turtleman wrote:
12v LEDs work safely and they will last practically forever. I used some for that spot and also the interior door handles. They work pretty good but the light is more pointy than the original incandescent lamps, of course.

Here's how I did mine.

I wonder if the LED lenses could be polished flatter to spread that light out.

Any thoughts anyone?

Back to top Go down
black shadow
Enthusiast
black shadow

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color)   FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color) - Page 7 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 8:08 am

I used leds in my Pete to shine on the cup holder and it is very directional, if you don't have it pointed right to the spot you want if doesn't help much.
Back to top Go down
BigRay1125
Enthusiast
BigRay1125

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color)   FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color) - Page 7 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 9:01 pm

I SEEN YOUR PICTURE & THEY SEEM TO BE VERY BRIGHT THOSE LIGHT STAY ON AS LONG YOUR HEADLIGHTS ARE ON I WANT THE ORIGINAL LIGHT

BLACK SHADOW I NEED THOSE LIGHT
Back to top Go down
DEMonte1997
Aficionado
DEMonte1997

Name : Rick
Merit : 37

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color)   FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color) - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 3:33 am

turtleman wrote:

Here's how I did mine.

I purchased very small LED lights from radio shack and mated them to the stock green housing that sits within the door handle. The result is a brighter light than stock but not so much that it's noticeable. If I were to do it again, I'd try to go with something brighter just for the fun of it. I'd also like to brighten up the lights that shine onto the arm rests... There's no reason why those shouldn't be much brighter. smile
Back to top Go down
black shadow
Enthusiast
black shadow

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color)   FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color) - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 1:57 pm

I had some out of the 95 when I got it so I went on a salvage yard search and destroy mission and I bought every one that I could find.
Back to top Go down
BigRay1125
Enthusiast
BigRay1125

PostSubject: Door Handle Light    FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color) - Page 7 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 9:31 pm

When Is The Door Handle Light Suppose To Come On With The Headlight Or What
FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color) - Page 7 Out.php?i=248244_img-1693-1
Back to top Go down
BMD
Aficionado
BMD

Name : BMD
Merit : 36

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color)   FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color) - Page 7 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 10:12 pm

I believe its with the dash lights, when the twilight sensor senses that it is too dark outside and illuminates the interior running lights.
Back to top Go down
J. Chris Davis
Aficionado
J. Chris Davis

Name : Chris Davis
Merit : 19

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color)   FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color) - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 2:32 pm

That's what I would assume is that it comes on with the dash lights. Guess you could try turning on the lights manually from the dash switch to see what it does. Maybe you have a bad bulb.
Back to top Go down
DEMonte1997
Aficionado
DEMonte1997

Name : Rick
Merit : 37

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color)   FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color) - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 6:55 pm

The bulbs in the doors seem to go bad really quick. My guess is if it isn't going on, it's probably burnt out. If I were you, I'd just use the housings from the stock bulbs and put radioshack LEDs in there. Brighter bulb and it will last much longer.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color)   FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color) - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 10:07 pm

DEMonte1997 wrote:
The bulbs in the doors seem to go bad really quick. My guess is if it isn't going on, it's probably burnt out. If I were you, I'd just use the housings from the stock bulbs and put radioshack LEDs in there. Brighter bulb and it will last much longer.

The lights on the dimming circuit for the instument panel include 2 in each door (remote lever and door pull), ashtray light, instrument panel lights of course, and a number of lights in the radio and HVAC head.

Here's something that may not have occurred to you. One problem is that as these lights burn out, the remaining lights then "see" more power (voltage) on that circuit and dissipate more current. As a result, they burn out faster.

How to avoid headaches in this case?

Replace the bulbs as soon as you can when they burn out, and in areas that are a pain to deal with (radio, HVAC head) it is usually best to replace them all at once when you have the thing apart. My rule of thumb for the radio and HVAC - if 15-20% of the bulbs are out, the whole thing comes out for relamping.

Right this minute I ahve one lamp in drivers door and one in the radio that need replaced.

bounce
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color)   FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color) - Page 7 EmptySun May 01, 2011 8:49 pm

albertj wrote:
if 15-20% of the bulbs are out, the whole thing comes out for relamping.

Great advice BTW - I pulled my entire taillight housing out for two bulbs and replaced them all while it was out.. haven't had a bulb out back there since.
Back to top Go down
spinner421
Special

Name : dennis
Merit : 0

PostSubject: 95 riv driver s door blue glow lights don t light up   FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color) - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 10:45 pm

i have a 1995 riv with 79000km,driver door blue glow light don t light up,bulbs are not burnt(test them already), passenger side works,is there a fuse for each side!!!!took the door panel off everything is intact,where do you start to look, Thanks
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color)   FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color) - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 11:46 pm

spinner421 wrote:
i have a 1995 riv with 79000km,driver door blue glow light don t light up,bulbs are not burnt(test them already), passenger side works,is there a fuse for each side!!!!took the door panel off everything is intact,where do you start to look, Thanks

check the wiring where it passes thru the door jamb.
Back to top Go down
spinner421
Special

Name : dennis

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color)   FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color) - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 2:57 pm

those blue light in door only work in passenger side ,bulbs are ok ,not sure where to look for ,is there a commen fault to look for, maybe a bad ground .
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color)   FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color) - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 7:33 pm

spinner421 wrote:
those blue light in door only work in passenger side ,bulbs are ok ,not sure where to look for ,is there a commen fault to look for, maybe a bad ground .

Q: Is there a common fault to look for?

A: No.

Inspect the wiring inside the door, and then check the wiring where it passes thru the door jamb. Sometimes wired break inside the insulation and sometimes they chafe and scrapr off the insulation, and short out. Most likely you have a break in the wire in the pigtail of the little light bulb and when you test it the break is pushed together and tests OK.

I will give you a hint though: no matter how many times you ask this question, nothing will change until you get back inside the door and do the necessary troubleshooting.
Back to top Go down
LaFlare

Name : G
Merit : 2

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color)   FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color) - Page 7 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 4:57 pm

wait. for clarification....

can both the upper and lower door handle bulbs simply be replaced with this;

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103780

??
Back to top Go down
LARRY70GS
Aficionado
LARRY70GS

Name : Larry
Merit : 149

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color)   FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color) - Page 7 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 5:04 pm

LaFlare wrote:
wait. for clarification....

can both the upper and lower door handle bulbs simply be replaced with this;

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103780

??

Yes they can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHCda-t_Jls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfT2tEO4XcU
Back to top Go down
95 S C Riv
Special

Name : luis de serpa

PostSubject: door handle lights   FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color) - Page 7 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 10:21 pm

looking for the wire with the little bulb on the end that illuminates the door handle on the inside of car one on the door pull as well
Back to top Go down
LARRY70GS
Aficionado
LARRY70GS

Name : Larry
Merit : 149

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color)   FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color) - Page 7 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 9:46 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHCda-t_Jls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfT2tEO4XcU
Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

Name : Charlie
Merit : 31

PostSubject: Bonneville Dashboard   FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color) - Page 7 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 1:41 pm

The Bonneville's dashboard just caught my eye. Not only does their speedometer hit 140, but they have a built in boost gauge, and the console wraps for a cockpit feeling. Is there any chance that this could be made to fit a Riv?
FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color) - Page 7 3K53k43F15G95Ka5J1d1oc677527ffae719d5
FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color) - Page 7 Bonneville-dash_night
FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color) - Page 7 Normal_bonneville-dash
Back to top Go down
J. Chris Davis
Aficionado
J. Chris Davis

Name : Chris Davis
Merit : 19

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color)   FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color) - Page 7 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 1:52 pm

The Bonnevilles are pretty nice in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color)   FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color) - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color)
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next