Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color)

Go down 
+57
69GSColorado
rivparadise
saintsnsinners
RidzRiv
Z-type
charlieRobinson
95 S C Riv
LaFlare
spinner421
deekster_caddy
J. Chris Davis
black shadow
krazyfish
95rivy
BigRay1125
dreww
Abaddon
DEMonte1997
Derek
BMD
nebstewart07
sburch23
crosss3
Eldo
Rickw
LARRY70GS
#1BearsFan
agrimm34
albertj
PAT906
Lucas
T Riley
Buapo
Shintsu
ToledoRIv
98riv
'96reese
Titan4
ZEP
96RIVMANN
palermocorey90
steel2040
Jack the R
jax95riv
Mr.Riviera
SpaceBar
allfalldown
mcgusto82
AA
xxsupergman25xx
99Rivman
turtleman
racinfan
Andysdorm
NO 4 EVR
61 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Z-type
Aficionado
Z-type

Name : Andrew Zamiska
Merit : 63

FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color) - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color)   FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color) - Page 8 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 1:55 pm

I'm sure there's a chance it can be done, but realistically only with the 2000-2003 SSEi's. They're the same platform as the Riv, though I'm not so sure about how everything might bolt up. You'd be in for some wiring fun too, I can guarantee that.

The result would be interesting, though.
Back to top Go down
J. Chris Davis
Aficionado
J. Chris Davis

Name : Chris Davis
Merit : 19

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color)   FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color) - Page 8 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 1:58 pm

Would be alot cheaper and easier to just add the gauges you want. Or just go buy a Bonneville razz
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 252

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color)   FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color) - Page 8 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 3:30 pm

But then the Riv's interior would step down to Pontiac's level. frown

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
RidzRiv
Addict
RidzRiv

Name : Greg
Merit : 17

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color)   FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color) - Page 8 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 3:45 pm

If you really like the red lights, you could preserve the riviera dash while putting in colored bulbs or colored films. Here is a thread I found about it.

http://montecarloforum.com/forum/sixth-generation-monte-carlos-39/changing-you-dash-speedo-light-color-under-$10-some-pics-25376/
Back to top Go down
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

Name : Codith
Merit : 140

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color)   FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color) - Page 8 EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 1:03 am

I can tell you wiring stuff would be a concern. It would all be pretty different between the two cars and they don't exactly make it easy to mix-match anything.
Back to top Go down
saintsnsinners

Name : Thomas
Merit : 5

PostSubject: Lighting   FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color) - Page 8 EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 4:59 pm

Has anyone changed the dash and climate control lights to a different color?

Im going for blue guages and green needles, and gonna try and make my climate control blue...
Back to top Go down
rivparadise
Fanatic
rivparadise

Name : Samuel
Merit : 11

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color)   FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color) - Page 8 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 7:52 am

I just had my gauges out and took the bulbs out to make them blue. THEY ALREADY HAVE THE BLUE SOCKS ON THEM! I can't figure how blue makes green when it's all together but it does! I didn't see any yellow on the inside to possibly alter the color. One of life's mysteries!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/theacetomato
saintsnsinners

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color)   FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color) - Page 8 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 11:00 am

rivparadise wrote:
I just had my gauges out and took the bulbs out to make them blue. THEY ALREADY HAVE THE BLUE SOCKS ON THEM! I can't figure how blue makes green when it's all together but it does! I didn't see any yellow on the inside to possibly alter the color. One of life's mysteries!

Thats a bit wierd. On the back is there something yellow?
Back to top Go down
RidzRiv
Addict
RidzRiv

Name : Greg
Merit : 17

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color)   FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color) - Page 8 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 11:08 am

Could it be that the light that the bulbs emit is yellow?
Back to top Go down
rivparadise
Fanatic
rivparadise

Name : Samuel
Merit : 11

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color)   FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color) - Page 8 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 2:06 pm

Could be! I didn't have the chance to light one up to see while it was out but I did pull the sock back to see the bulb and it was clear. Didn't get a look at the filament though.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/theacetomato
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 181

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color)   FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color) - Page 8 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 8:38 am

saintsnsinners wrote:
rivparadise wrote:

Thats a bit wierd. On the back is there something yellow?

The bulbs when lit are yellowish enough that the light thru the blue "socks" looks green. Best way to get a true blue would be to use blue LEDs.
Back to top Go down
saintsnsinners

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color)   FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color) - Page 8 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 9:57 am

Do you know what size Bulbs the dash lights are?
Back to top Go down
LARRY70GS
Aficionado
LARRY70GS

Name : Larry
Merit : 149

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color)   FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color) - Page 8 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 10:12 am

saintsnsinners wrote:
Do you know what size Bulbs the dash lights are?

I don't believe they are readily replaceable. I think they solder in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHCda-t_Jls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfT2tEO4XcU
Back to top Go down
saintsnsinners

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color)   FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color) - Page 8 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 12:39 pm

They arent solder in. I was just at the pick and pull. they are in little twist to remove carriers in the back of the cluster. there are 2 sizes. Large in a brown twist and small in a blue twist
Back to top Go down
69GSColorado
Fanatic
69GSColorado

Name : Jordon
Merit : 29

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color)   FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color) - Page 8 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 2:46 pm

I'd love to see somebody's Rivi with Red LED dash lights
Back to top Go down
al_roethlisberger
Junkie
al_roethlisberger

Name : Al Roethlisberger
Merit : 24

PostSubject: How many interior lights, and where?   FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color) - Page 8 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 11:55 pm

So, we've just picked up a "barn fresh" 95 and although I don't know/think any of the interior lighting is out, I also wouldn't know what is out if they were.... wink

With that being said, can someone give me a quick rundown of where all the interior lighting is on a 95 so I can verify that all the interior lights are working?

Thanks!
Al
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 181

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color)   FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color) - Page 8 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 3:38 am

Top edge of interior door pulls -they are riveted on the panels so you have to pull panel to fix.

Your water barriers inside doors will be brittle now but last I checked they were available. From gm dealers not too much $.

Door remote latch wells

Front passenger footwells on the underdash panels

Trunk
underwood (comes on if parking lites are on)

Ashtray

Glove compartment

Rest of them are either typical (inst panel etc) or obvious (dome and courtesy)
Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

Name : Charlie
Merit : 31

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color)   FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color) - Page 8 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 12:18 am

Not if under the hood counts as interior or not, but, anyone know the part number for the under the hood light? Wanna go with an LED.

Will this fit?
561 bulb

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/led-vehicle-replacement-bulbs/vehicle/1999-buick-riviera--under+hood+light/9-887--366698/
Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color)   FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color) - Page 8 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 3:22 pm

Can anyone confirm? Tryin to order today!
Back to top Go down
matt270avian
Expert
matt270avian

Name : Matt
Merit : 54

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color)   FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color) - Page 8 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 10:49 pm

For replacing the cluster lights with LEDs:

There are 4 socket T10/194 bulbs in the cluster, 2 for the tach 2 for the speedo. You might want to order 20 since they come in packs of 10, you can do the dome and license plate lights as well as other misc things. If you're going crazy expect to use most of them.

There are 21 (23 if you count the little dots for low fuel/overheating) socket T5/74 bulbs for everything else. There are only 2 responsible for lighting the fuel and water temperature. If you're doing the tach and speedo you NEED to order a set of little bulbs to fit the water temp and fuel gauges otherwise it will look stupid. I "disabled" my airbag light already so I only needed 20. Order 30 to be safe.

While you're ordering things order as many sockets as you do bulbs. They're cheap and the OEM ones are likely to break if you try taking the old bulbs out of them. Do it once do it right. NAPA and Amazon sell them for cheap. If you're ordering from the links posted below you DO NOT need to order T5 sockets.

Order 3 of each of these for a bluish white color, fits the blue interior very well.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PR7G2JY?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005ETCIO8?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

I went nuts and used them EVERYWHERE. Really makes the car look modern. I went to NAPA for the sockets because they were cheap and I could confirm they are the right ones.

To get the cluster out, pull apart the dash and take off the top part. Then reach in with a flathead screwdriver and pop off the 2 connectors to the cluster. The tab for them is facing the front of the car so it makes this semi difficult. There are a few screws around the cluster, but you only need to take out the ones on the white tabs. You can also take this time to clean the cluster and replace some of the gauges with something of your choice. The boost gauge AutoZone sells matches the blue interior nearly perfectly. Fun fact, our cluster has 2 areas for a washer fluid low indicator, but they go to separate places on the loom. I'm assuming since the bulb was left out of one that it would work just fine if you put one in.
Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color)   FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color) - Page 8 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 1:24 pm

got pics, bro? I am interested.
Back to top Go down
matt270avian
Expert
matt270avian

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color)   FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color) - Page 8 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 1:52 pm

charlieRobinson wrote:
got pics, bro? I am interested.

Just 1, waiting on the rest of the lights to come tomorrow.

FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color) - Page 8 2015-017
Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color)   FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color) - Page 8 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 8:46 pm

They look awesome! Is the light balanced on the temp guage or is it brighter on the right side? Same with fuel.

tach and spedo look great.

Do the LEDs dim ok or do they start flickering when you use the dim knob?
Back to top Go down
stan
Expert

Merit : 12

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color)   FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color) - Page 8 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 9:29 pm

Awesome.....
Back to top Go down
matt270avian
Expert
matt270avian

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color)   FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color) - Page 8 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 9:33 pm

charlieRobinson wrote:
They look awesome! Is the light balanced on the temp guage or is it brighter on the right side? Same with fuel.

tach and spedo look great.

Do the LEDs dim ok or do they start flickering when you use the dim knob?

Light is balanced pretty well, the 2 middle gauges use the different type of lights so I'm waiting for them to arrive, that's why it looks funky.

Tach and speedo look awesome at night, needle color changed as well. Looks like something you would see in a brand new car.

They dim just fine. They're really bright so I might dim them a bit, will see what happens when I get the rest of the bulbs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color)   FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color) - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

FAQ: Interior Lighting Questions (Dash/Guage Color)
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next