Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

FAQ: How to tune the PCM? (Series II SC)

Go down 
+31
gojo83
A_W_O_L
th3fr4nchi5e
matt270avian
charlieRobinson
highwaywarrior
97SC_CALI_RIV
nebstewart07
Abaddon
riv96
rivman96
esquire23
LARRY70GS
97 park ave
BMD
sdconcepts
1998 Riv
L67
Rickw
#1BearsFan
BillBoost37
turtleman
okiedrifter
NO 4 EVR
deekster_caddy
oldsman105
T Riley
pwmin
98riv
Mr.Riviera
AA
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
highwaywarrior
Fanatic

Name : daryl
Merit : 2

FAQ: How to tune the PCM? (Series II SC) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAQ: How to tune the PCM? (Series II SC)   FAQ: How to tune the PCM? (Series II SC) - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 6:57 pm

hi, in reference to my completely stock 98 riviera. if i took my car right now to a tuner, they could possible reduce or or even eliminate KR? or should i do the whole down pipe, plog and pulley first?
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 252

PostSubject: Temp   FAQ: How to tune the PCM? (Series II SC) - Page 6 EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 12:04 am

The downpipe and power log are KR fighting (breathing) mods. You can do them without scanning, because they can only improve the situation. Before dropping the pulley, it's a good idea to know how much knock you have, so scanning is a good idea.

You may have to search far & wide for a "tuner" who can reprogram your PCM. They're out there, but it's a specialized service requiring special tools. You can get a generic tune in one session, but a really good tune requires a few test runs and followup tunes. If you can find a local dyno service, they may be able go help you out. Combining dyno time with tuning is the best way get the most from your engine.

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
highwaywarrior
Fanatic

Name : daryl
Merit : 2

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: How to tune the PCM? (Series II SC)   FAQ: How to tune the PCM? (Series II SC) - Page 6 EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 7:09 pm

Luckily i was referred by my my friend ( has a 400hp 298tq supercharged honda s2000) to a guy who built his car and a 69 camaro twin turbo. i contacted him and he said he could tune my car and do dybo runs etc using HPTuner. ill start with basics first.
Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

Name : Charlie
Merit : 31

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: How to tune the PCM? (Series II SC)   FAQ: How to tune the PCM? (Series II SC) - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 3:41 pm

I didn't notice this until after I installed my 3.6" pulley, but at WOT my car will shift from 4th to 3rd. I never knew it did that, so that's neat.

Ok. So this spring I am about to get tuned the fug up. I was thinking about paying ZZP for a flash, but I kind of think it would be better to put that $125 or whatever towards a tuning package.

So now I ask. HP Tuners or DHP? I plan on buying used either way but has anyone used both and have a preference over one? As of right now I am leaning towards the HP Tuners based on what i've read.
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: How to tune the PCM? (Series II SC)   FAQ: How to tune the PCM? (Series II SC) - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 5:28 pm

Quote :
I didn't notice this until after I installed my 3.6" pulley, but at WOT my car will shift from 4th to 3rd. I never knew it did that, so that's neat.
Depending on your vehicle speed, WOT in 4th will always cause a downshift, but usually it is to 2nd gear when cruising below ~85 mph. Above ~85 mph it will shift into 3rd.

Quote :
So now I ask. HP Tuners or DHP? I plan on buying used either way but has anyone used both and have a preference over one? As of right now I am leaning towards the HP Tuners based on what i've read.
https://rivperformance.editboard.com/t2100-faq-good-scanner-tuner-software-to-use

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: How to tune the PCM? (Series II SC)   FAQ: How to tune the PCM? (Series II SC) - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 2:24 pm

Thanks, Aaron. HP Tuners it is! P.S. I have never seen my Riv down shift from 4th to 2nd under WOT.
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: How to tune the PCM? (Series II SC)   FAQ: How to tune the PCM? (Series II SC) - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 3:10 pm

The stock PCM program is set to downshift from 3rd to 2nd gear with WOT at 77 mph or less. If you are in 4th gear doing 77 mph or less and apply WOT the PCM cannot stay in 3rd, because it is "told" to shift into 2nd. The result is the PCM skips 3rd and engages 2nd.

I mentioned ~85 mph above because my program is set higher to use more RPM.

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
matt270avian
Expert
matt270avian

Name : Matt
Merit : 54

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: How to tune the PCM? (Series II SC)   FAQ: How to tune the PCM? (Series II SC) - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 10:55 pm

I found this company that claims to be able to tune any Riv from 96-99. They have a $350 flat charge, but you can have them change as much/little as you want for that price.
http://www.exatorq.com/GMApplicationListClass2
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: How to tune the PCM? (Series II SC)   FAQ: How to tune the PCM? (Series II SC) - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 1:04 am

Hmm. Good to know, but price seems high for no dyno time.

From what I read, "you can have them change as much/little as you want for that price." means for your one-time tune. It does not mean you can come back for additional adjustments for free.

(without a dyno, it's very hard to get a good tune on the 1st try)

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
matt270avian
Expert
matt270avian

Name : Matt
Merit : 54

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: How to tune the PCM? (Series II SC)   FAQ: How to tune the PCM? (Series II SC) - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 11:27 am

Since no one around me has a tuner, does anyone know of a decent place that will do tunes near Frederick?
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: How to tune the PCM? (Series II SC)   FAQ: How to tune the PCM? (Series II SC) - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 11:43 am

You might ask them how much extra they would charge for dyno time, and if they would give you any discount for dyno tune as a package.

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: How to tune the PCM? (Series II SC)   FAQ: How to tune the PCM? (Series II SC) - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 9:56 pm

Gonna go ahead and copy this here for later...

http://carprogrammer.com/Z28/PCM/Dyno/Supercharged_Dyno_tuning_advice.htm

Supercharged Dyno tuning advice/ checklist:

Good to know:
-On a stock compression motor (10.4:1) it's usually best to pull 1.5 - 2 degrees per pound of boost. Stock piston ringlands are the weakest link; they will destroy themselves quickly with detonation. It's best to stay at least 2 degrees away from any knock appearing no matter what.

- Spark Advance also depends on the cam used, if using a cam with more overlap (smaller LSA) the cylinder pressure will be less because part of the boost is flowing out the exhaust value. Reduced cylinder pressure means less density. Less density equals slower flame front, meaning more spark advance is optimum. So you can see it depends on the camshaft too.

- Compression ratio is a huge factor against detonation and anyone running greater than 6 psi should consider lowering their static compression. Pulled timing gets pretty beyond that point.

- Thanks to Scott Peitzsch for reminding me about intercooling and its effects on intake temperatures. I meant this as a primer for basic 6psi kits, but it is crucial to discuss. Because of the way superchargers compress layers of air the air temperature increases with compression. Intake air temperature needs to be monitored. Intake air temps need to be consistent to get consistent results. Higher temps require timing to pulled to prevent detonation. The solution is to lower temps via an intercooler, instead of just pulling timing.

- You will need to get it dynoed with a wideband o2 sensor to tell what the fuel mixture really is. Anyone with a blower that hasn't calibrated it on a dyno with a wideband is crazy. It's just not worth guessing. You probably won't want to go leaner than 12:1 - 12.5:1, but that's a little lean for a forced induction motor in my opinion. The additional fuel helps to cool the combustion chamber.

- Any decent dyno should be able to hook up a boost gauge as well, so you can see how much boost you are really seeing in relation to exact RPM, so you know when to start retarding the timing and how much (1.5 - 2 degree * psi)

- The reason we lower the timing in the 90, 95, 100 Kpa in the spark advance table is because the scan tool tends to report spark advance higher at WOT. Ignore the scanner data (per Ed W. it can read 4 deg over actual at WOT).

- The important thing is NO KNOCK, no matter what. If your knock sensor is giving knock always, then replace it before you tune, false knock reading sucks.

Let's see if I can mentally do a checklist here for you blown guys:

___ Get extra O2 bungs welded in the Y-pipe, without these, you can't monitor actual Air:Fuel
(Your dyno shop me be able to weld these in, if not a muffler shop can, make sure to use anti-seize on the plug) If you run only one wideband, run the driver's side- it tends to be slightly leaner.

___ Verify the dyno shop has a wideband o2 sensor that can bolt into your y-pipe bung, also see if they can datalog boost referenced to RPM, as well as fuel pressure. If on a tighter budget you can always bring a fuel pressure gauge with a long hose to make sure the fuel pressure isn't dropping. If the shop has no wideband, find someplace else.

Work quickly; remember time is money at a dyno shop. Just don't make mistakes from being careless.

___ Set up an appointment for the dyno

___ Have a datalogging tool to monitor knock, and injector duty cycle. I recommend TTS Datamaster.

Stage 1:
___ Initial WOT timing for a F-body is 33 degrees at 2800 on up, Y-body at 3200 on up. The timing below those rpm ramps up to these points in a smooth curve. Start with the timing pretty low, 23 degrees is super safe, 25 might be more realistic. The first run you want to monitor these things, and get a baseline for how much boost is building and at what rpm.

___ Make sure no knock appears at these lower Spark Advance numbers, if it does, then it's often false (assuming good 93+ gas) check knock wires are away from spark plug wires and replace knock sensor if necessary.

___ Make sure the ignition is not breaking apart at higher rpm. If it is and there is no knock retard, then check/disconnect any MSD/Crane ignition box- they can often go bad, especially if they got wet (ask Ernest) Closing spark plug gaps to 0.035 and going one temp range colder spark plug is a common setup as well.

___ Make sure the fuel pressure is not dropping as the RPMs increase (signs of in-line or in-tank pump needed)

___ Make sure the injector pulse width's are not maxing out (extended times at 85% duty cycles are bad for GM and Ford SVO injectors), 90% is bad for Lucas) TTS Datamaster is a great tool to use, since it calc's duty cycle for you.

___ Take a look at the wideband AFR (Air: Fuel ratio), is it higher or lower than 12.5:1? Since you're blown- it's probably lean, so you'll need to increase the PEvsRPM table to add more fuel. Generally it takes pretty big steps to move 1 point of AFR. I find often a PEvsRPM value increase of 12-14 steps is needed to move one AFR (ie. 13.5:1 to 12.5:1 ) on a Naturally Aspirated setup.

___ Check Intake air temp, higher temps cause detonation, you can’t get the best tune with inconsistent temps. Consider an intercooler if one is available for your supercharger. Intercoolers reduce intake temps greatly, fighting detonation greatly.

Steady the AFR curve at 12-12.5 depending on your religion, 12.5:1 makes more power, but 12:1 cools the combustion chamber more. Once the AFR is regular at 12-12.5:1 after a couple more runs, then you can go to stage 2.

Stage 2:

___ Set the Spark Advance tables back to stock values at 90,95, and 100 kpa for this next part.

___ Take a look at the boost psi and at what RPM the numbers occur. Match the datapoints up with the Spark Advance table, this how we'll fit the curve. Look at the boost level for each rpm checkpoint, and subtract 2 times that value for each RPM point on the spark table from the original Total timing of 33 degrees.

Example:
Say at 3400 rpm I see 2 psi of boost. The timing value at that point was 33 degrees, so subtract (2*2) and change it to 29 degrees at 90, 95, and 100 Kpa.
At 3800 rpm I see 3 psi of boost. The timing value at that point was 33 degrees, I subtract (2 * 3) and change it to 27 degrees. These numbers are picked out of thin air for example, nothing more.

We are basically mirroring the effect of a Boost Timing Retard by doing this. You may also want to try 1.5 times the psi of boost as a subtraction factor if no knock is seen. At 10.4:1 it isn't smart to go beyond that.

This should help you fit a nice curve taking into account the boost per Rpm.
Each time you change the timing curve you will need to make sure everything still passes the Stage 1 criteria, the AFR must still be 12:1, no knock, no injector max, no fuel pressure drop.

Providing everything passes Stage 1 and Stage 2 has a timing curve reducing 1* or 2* the boost psi, then experiment by incrementing spark one degree at a time, making sure no knock occurs and horsepower is increased. If horsepower stops increasing, stop advancing!

A Maxed MAF at 471 gm/s (or 510 gm/s) is very common with blown setups. What's important to realize is that the airflow is still increasing above the maxed point, but the PCM only sees it at 471 in the air:fuel calculation. For this reason the PE vs RPM table may need to have a very large increase at the point after the MAF maxes, balance the AFR throughout the entire operating RPM and you don't need to worry about the PCM not seeing more than 471/510 gm/s air mass.

A dyno tune is a bit more gentle than drag racing a car, as the dyno's weight is often 3000lbs where our cars are 3400-3800+ lbs. You may want to run 12:1 or to take this into account, pulling two degrees of timing once the tune is dialed in is a fairly common practice. It's your car, so it's up to you. Remember- No Knock.

Hope this makes sense,
-Christian
cmillard@carprogrammer.com
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: How to tune the PCM? (Series II SC)   FAQ: How to tune the PCM? (Series II SC) - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 12:21 pm

Seems like a number of those things don't apply to us. What kind of engine are they talking about? LT1? LS6? Most of the tuning basics have already been covered here, and that stuff seems likely to add confusion and misinformation.

Some of their points are generic and do apply.
Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: How to tune the PCM? (Series II SC)   FAQ: How to tune the PCM? (Series II SC) - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 12:04 am

Hey, Riv Tuners.

Can the 150 degree KR warm up threshold be changed by tuning?

Where can I go to read more about tuning the transmission?

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: How to tune the PCM? (Series II SC)   FAQ: How to tune the PCM? (Series II SC) - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 10:02 am

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

Name : Scott
Merit : 185

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: How to tune the PCM? (Series II SC)   FAQ: How to tune the PCM? (Series II SC) - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 10:21 am

I can help you with the trans tune!!!!! I like tuning the trans. It's fun
Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: How to tune the PCM? (Series II SC)   FAQ: How to tune the PCM? (Series II SC) - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 7:16 pm

while scanning recently, i noticed that the read speed of the HPT is crazy fast compared to the torque read speed. I also notice the KR values seem very different as well.!

With torque I see infrequent spikes and low KR. With HPT I see nearly 0 KR. When I do it's like .5 or < 1.

I DONT KNOW WHICH TO TRUST.
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: How to tune the PCM? (Series II SC)   FAQ: How to tune the PCM? (Series II SC) - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 9:03 pm

Unless you have an ODBII outlet splitter, you can't compare the two scan tools, because they're not scanning at the same time.

You can set the sample rate for HPTuners, I think. My Aeroforce gauge is so fast I can't even read it. It's a no-nonsense data logger. I have to slow it down so my eye can capture what's going on.

HPTuners is another pro level tuning tool. Compare to an "enterprise" class server. It does the best job at data logging without any unnecessary GUI to slow you down.

Torque is a consumer level tool. It's a cool looking app, but not the quickest or most accurate. It does the job better than nothing at all, though.

The best way to know which tool to trust is to buy an OBDII splitter and do a data log from both devices, then output to Excel and compare. If Torque won't log and export, then HPTuners wins. If you don't want to go through all of that, it would be wise to assume HPTuners is better in all respects, except maybe the GUI.

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: How to tune the PCM? (Series II SC)   FAQ: How to tune the PCM? (Series II SC) - Page 6 EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 8:56 pm

Can I upload files here? I dont see a place to do it on this forum.

I want to show you guys my scans so you can help me tune my ride!

How do I get them on here so you can see them!?

edit:
I uploaded them to a thread I have on HPtuners. Not sure if these links will work or not..

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=43233&d=1394330397
http://www.hptuners.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=43234&d=1394330398
http://www.hptuners.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=43235&d=1394330399

I just looked through the scans and they kind of suck. I didnt do a good job of isolate WOT/high rpm moments.

I will get some new scans up here asap.
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: How to tune the PCM? (Series II SC)   FAQ: How to tune the PCM? (Series II SC) - Page 6 EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 9:27 pm

You should be able to post a scan log, saved as comma delimited file from excel, using the [Code][/Code] entry tool.

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: How to tune the PCM? (Series II SC)   FAQ: How to tune the PCM? (Series II SC) - Page 6 EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 11:28 pm

I cant paste the csv cells into the code tags. It says the message is too long. Any other ideas?
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: How to tune the PCM? (Series II SC)   FAQ: How to tune the PCM? (Series II SC) - Page 6 EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 11:30 pm

Try pasting half of the message?

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: How to tune the PCM? (Series II SC)   FAQ: How to tune the PCM? (Series II SC) - Page 6 EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 11:33 pm

whats the point then? you cant see anything. 800 lines is still too long and its only a few minutes. Cant we just have a file attachment option lke other forums so I can just put the file on this message?
Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: How to tune the PCM? (Series II SC)   FAQ: How to tune the PCM? (Series II SC) - Page 6 EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 11:34 pm

AA, do those DL links from HPtuners work for you above?

Code:
Vehicle Type: Buick Riviera (V6) 1999                                                      
Creation Date: 3/8/2014 9:47 PM                                                      
Notes:                                                       

[Markers]                                                      

[Data]                                                      
Frame   Time   Engine RPM (SAE) rpm   Vehicle Speed (SAE) mph   Air Fuel Ratio Commanded Lo Res afr   Throttle Position (SAE) %   Ignition Timing Advance (SAE) °   Knock Retard °   Mass Air Flow Hz   Mass Air Flow (SAE) lb/min   Manifold Absolute Pressure (SAE) kPa   O2 Voltage B1S1 mV   Engine Coolant Temp (SAE) °F   Intake Air Temp (SAE) °F   Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 1 (SAE) %   Long Term Fuel Trim Bank 1 (SAE) %   Trans Current Gear   Calculated Load (SAE) %   Mass Air Flow lb/min
1   00:00.0   1605   59   14.7   12   27.5   0   4803   3.766   73   803   169   32   1.6   2.3   4   11   3.758
2   00:00.1   1609   59   14.7   12   27   0   4814   3.79   73   178   167   32   1.6   2.3   4   11   3.767
3   00:00.2   1615   59   14.7   12   27.5   0   4816   3.794   73   87   169   32   1.6   2.3   4   11   3.782
4   00:00.3   1615   59   14.7   12   27   0   4809   3.778   73   773   167   32   1.6   2.3   4   11   3.795
5   00:00.4   1609   59   14.7   12   27   0   4805   3.77   73   729   167   32   1.6   2.3   4   11   3.791
6   00:00.5   1615   59   14.7   16   20.5   0   5348   5.021   74   95   167   32   1.6   2.3   4   11   4.543
7   00:00.6   1702   59   14.7   22   12.5   0   5803   6.291   89   564   169   32   1.6   2.3   4   16   5.924
8   00:00.7   1788   59   14.7   29   9.5   0   6224   7.74   106   851   167   32   1.6   2.3   4   20   7.5
9   00:00.8   1846   59   14.7   38   9   0   6496   8.806   114   833   167   32   1.6   3.1   4   24   8.623
10   00:00.9   1888   60   14.7   45   9.5   0   6608   9.269   124   777   167   32   1.6   3.9   4   27   9.151
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: How to tune the PCM? (Series II SC)   FAQ: How to tune the PCM? (Series II SC) - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 10:46 am

I can't see your posts at HPtuners because I'm not a member there (I use DHP). Your BBcode post is working great, but you didn't post the portion of the scan where the action is at. If you email your excel files, I can trim them and post 'em up.

800 lines is more than enough! The point of having a limit on code entry is to encourage some editing on your end. No need to post an entire scan - usually 90% of it isnt relevant and doesn't need to be analyzed. The 'other forums' force their members sift through thousands lines of code to find 10 lines that mean something. Not here.

Example (I duplicated your scan 55x to show how much can be fit using the code entry):

Code:
Buick Riviera (V6) 1999 3/8/2014 9:47 PM

FR    Time      RPM  MPH CAFR Thr% ADV  KR   MAFF   MAF    MAP O2   ECT  IAT STFT LTFT Gear
001  00:00.0  1605    059  14.7    12     27.5   00   04803   3.766   073  803  169    32   1.6    2.3     4
002  00:00.1  1609    059  14.7    12     27.0   00   04814   3.790   073  178  167    32   1.6    2.3     4
003  00:00.2  1615    059  14.7    12     27.5   00   04816   3.794   073  087  169    32   1.6    2.3     4
004  00:00.3  1615    059  14.7    12     27.0   00   04809   3.778   073  773  167    32   1.6    2.3     4
005  00:00.4  1609    059  14.7    12     27.0   00   04805   3.770   073  729  167    32   1.6    2.3     4
006  00:00.5  1615    059  14.7    16     20.5   00   05348   5.021   074  095  167    32   1.6    2.3     4
007  00:00.6  1702    059  14.7    22     12.5   00   05803   6.291   089  564  169    32   1.6    2.3     4
008  00:00.7  1788    059  14.7    29     09.5   00   06224   7.740   106  851  167    32   1.6    2.3     4
009  00:00.8  1846    059  14.7    38     09.0   00   06496   8.806   114  833  167    32   1.6    3.1     4
010  00:00.9  1888    060  14.7    45     09.5   00   06608   9.269   124  777  167    32   1.6    3.9     4
001  00:00.0  1605    059  14.7    12     27.5   00   04803   3.766   073  803  169    32   1.6    2.3     4
002  00:00.1  1609    059  14.7    12     27.0   00   04814   3.790   073  178  167    32   1.6    2.3     4
003  00:00.2  1615    059  14.7    12     27.5   00   04816   3.794   073  087  169    32   1.6    2.3     4
004  00:00.3  1615    059  14.7    12     27.0   00   04809   3.778   073  773  167    32   1.6    2.3     4
005  00:00.4  1609    059  14.7    12     27.0   00   04805   3.770   073  729  167    32   1.6    2.3     4
006  00:00.5  1615    059  14.7    16     20.5   00   05348   5.021   074  095  167    32   1.6    2.3     4
007  00:00.6  1702    059  14.7    22     12.5   00   05803   6.291   089  564  169    32   1.6    2.3     4
008  00:00.7  1788    059  14.7    29     09.5   00   06224   7.740   106  851  167    32   1.6    2.3     4
009  00:00.8  1846    059  14.7    38     09.0   00   06496   8.806   114  833  167    32   1.6    3.1     4
010  00:00.9  1888    060  14.7    45     09.5   00   06608   9.269   124  777  167    32   1.6    3.9     4
001  00:00.0  1605    059  14.7    12     27.5   00   04803   3.766   073  803  169    32   1.6    2.3     4
002  00:00.1  1609    059  14.7    12     27.0   00   04814   3.790   073  178  167    32   1.6    2.3     4

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: How to tune the PCM? (Series II SC)   FAQ: How to tune the PCM? (Series II SC) - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

FAQ: How to tune the PCM? (Series II SC)
Page 6 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next