Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Battery Location/Relocation????

Go down 
+17
EyeDoc1
matt270avian
sall
Eldo
albertj
deekster_caddy
curious riv
96riv
Ironclad-454
Dad
1wickedninja
SuperRiv07
T Riley
Audio72
SpaceBar
gosloriv
mayfair4life187
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mayfair4life187
mayfair4life187

Name : Bill
Merit : 0

Battery Location/Relocation???? Empty
PostSubject: Battery Location/Relocation????   Battery Location/Relocation???? EmptySun May 13, 2007 6:36 pm

i know this might sound silly. Where the hell is my battery located in my 96 riv SC?????????????? can anyone help me out?
Back to top Go down
gosloriv
Enthusiast
gosloriv

Name : David

PostSubject: Re: Battery Location/Relocation????   Battery Location/Relocation???? EmptySun May 13, 2007 6:45 pm

under ur rear seat !!!!!
Back to top Go down
SpaceBar
Aficionado
SpaceBar

Name : Patrick
Merit : 3

PostSubject: Re: Battery Location/Relocation????   Battery Location/Relocation???? EmptyMon May 14, 2007 9:36 am

Hah I had the same problem when I first got the riv. I first tried the hood. Then searched all through the trunk. Finally i popped up the back seat about 40 minutes later and found it. wink
Back to top Go down
http://community.webshots.com/user/xspacebarx
Audio72
Special

PostSubject: Re: Battery Location/Relocation????   Battery Location/Relocation???? EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 1:38 am

Hi,

Great forum. Just got me 95 Riv. OK, so it's in the rear seat. How do you get to it?

Thanks,

Audio72
Back to top Go down
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

Name : Travis
Merit : 10

PostSubject: Re: Battery Location/Relocation????   Battery Location/Relocation???? EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 2:13 am

Audio72 wrote:
Hi,

Great forum. Just got me 95 Riv. OK, so it's in the rear seat. How do you get to it?

Thanks,

Audio72

ok

Step ONE: pop hood

Step TWO: realize there is NO battery there

Step THREE: pull up on the back seat at the front edge Pretty firmly it will take some force

Step FOUR: THERE LIES THE TROUBLED BATTERY
Back to top Go down
http://www.rivperformance.com
SuperRiv07
Addict
SuperRiv07

Name : Nick
Location : Brookfield, And If everything goes right A Nice big house in Bolingbrook with a big GARAGE

PostSubject: Re: Battery Location/Relocation????   Battery Location/Relocation???? EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 10:53 am

i had that problem when i first got mine im like some one stole the f 'n battery then i realized there wasnt a place for it under the hood so i searched
Back to top Go down
http://www.Chitownracing.com
1wickedninja
Addict
1wickedninja

Name : Josh
Merit : 5

PostSubject: Re: Battery Location/Relocation????   Battery Location/Relocation???? EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 6:11 pm

LOL I did the same thing! I looked under the hood and was like WTF? Then I remembered my friends olds aulora had it under the seat so I looked and bam there it was! LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/1wickedninja
Audio72
Special

PostSubject: Re: Battery Location/Relocation????   Battery Location/Relocation???? EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 1:29 am

Found it! smile

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Dad
Special

Name : Mr Dad

PostSubject: Battery Location????   Battery Location/Relocation???? EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 9:37 pm

Help! My daughters Rivera is dead in my driveway. She had it towed to my house for repair??? I'm new to Riveras and cant find the battery. I think it's a 95 or 96 with a3.8 L Supercharged six. I'm not new to mechanics, I have a 4.OL Jeep that I have replaced both front and rear axels, transmission and transfer case etc.and a Corvette that I do my own work on. If I can charge the battery I'll have a chance to try and trouble shoot the problem with your help.
Back to top Go down
Ironclad-454
Enthusiast
Ironclad-454

Name : Nate
Merit : 9

PostSubject: Re: Battery Location/Relocation????   Battery Location/Relocation???? EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 9:44 pm

Its under the backseat.

oh and welcome.
Back to top Go down
Dad
Special

PostSubject: Re: Battery Location/Relocation????   Battery Location/Relocation???? EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 10:23 pm

Nate!! thanks, I found it!!!
She tells me It died on the freeway? some help huh, I'm giving it a 1/2 hour of so to charge up, then I'll give it a try. I'll get more specifics later this evening or tomorrow around this time. I'll check spark and fuel tomorrow. I can hear the fuel pump(very noisy) pressure up then stop. Where is the OBD II connector located?
Back to top Go down
96riv
Fanatic
96riv

Name : Dennis
Merit : 8

PostSubject: Re: Battery Location/Relocation????   Battery Location/Relocation???? EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 10:38 pm

Dad wrote:
She tells me It died on the freeway? some help huh, I'm giving it a 1/2 hour of so to charge up, then I'll give it a try. I'll get more specifics later this evening or tomorrow around this time. I'll check spark and fuel tomorrow. I can hear the fuel pump(very noisy) pressure up then stop. Where is the OBD II connector located?

If it is a 96 it is under the drivers dash about half way to the firewall.
Back to top Go down
http://www.arizonagn.com
Ironclad-454
Enthusiast
Ironclad-454

Name : Nate
Merit : 9

PostSubject: Re: Battery Location/Relocation????   Battery Location/Relocation???? EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 10:50 pm

Dad wrote:

You are welcome. If it died on the freeway and the battery is dead then I'd look at the alternator.
Back to top Go down
curious riv
Addict
curious riv

Name : Chris
Merit : 3

PostSubject: Re: Battery Location/Relocation????   Battery Location/Relocation???? EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 8:04 am

Welcome! and when I turn my key- the air compressor in the back is fairly loud. When I first got my Riv I thought it was the fuel pump
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: Battery Location/Relocation????   Battery Location/Relocation???? EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 8:58 am

Ironclad-454 wrote:
Dad wrote:

You are welcome. If it died on the freeway and the battery is dead then I'd look at the alternator.
agree

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Dad
Special

PostSubject: Re: Battery Location/Relocation????   Battery Location/Relocation???? EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 11:28 pm

I'd like to thank everyone who responded, but she done gone and did it this time. bonk
I put a 1/2" drive ratchet with a 2 foot extention on the crank bolt and couldn't turn it over. nono
Looks like she siezed it up.
Whats the market for a 95 in good condition inside and out., or would a new engine be more reasonable?
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

PostSubject: Re: Battery Location/Relocation????   Battery Location/Relocation???? EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 11:45 pm

Used decent condition should be around $500-$600, check car-part.com for localized listings...
Back to top Go down
Dad
Special

PostSubject: Re: Battery Location/Relocation????   Battery Location/Relocation???? EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 8:02 am

Thanks Derek, I guess it would be worth more in parts, if you'd want to sit on it for a few months?
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

PostSubject: Re: Battery Location/Relocation????   Battery Location/Relocation???? EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 11:29 am

Sorry, I was talking about a used engine should cost you $500-$600, not that's what the car was worth. I think it's worth putting an engine in, if it's in nice enough shape...
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: Battery Location/Relocation????   Battery Location/Relocation???? EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 9:35 pm

Yep. *if you shop for it* used engines are plentiful for the 3800. If you are in a major metro area you just *might* find a place to put it in for you and everything...

Albertj
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

Name : Mark
Merit : 104

PostSubject: Re: Battery Location/Relocation????   Battery Location/Relocation???? EmptyThu May 14, 2009 3:05 pm

One of the heavy modders around here could tell you how much is involved to "improve on the original", possibly just the matching PCM, but right now there is an almost complete Series II in the For Sale thread...

https://rivperformance.editboard.com/for-sale-f22/series-ii-supercharged-engine-for-sale-update-pictures-t5440.htm

Regardless, good luck with everything...
Back to top Go down
sall

Name : sall

PostSubject: Battery Relocation   Battery Location/Relocation???? EmptyWed May 14, 2014 7:55 pm

Anyone ever relocate the battery in their Riv to trunk? The battery under the backseat is huge PITA when you have a little one in a car seat. I mod a lot and disconnect battery frequently. Curious to see build pictures. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
matt270avian
Expert
matt270avian

Name : Matt
Merit : 54

PostSubject: Re: Battery Location/Relocation????   Battery Location/Relocation???? EmptyWed May 14, 2014 8:28 pm

I haven't, but I bet under the carpet by the antenna would be a near perfect spot for one.
Back to top Go down
sall

Name : sall

PostSubject: Re: Battery Location/Relocation????   Battery Location/Relocation???? EmptyWed May 14, 2014 8:39 pm

I wonder where the best ground location would be back there. Planning to do a big 3 upgrade eventually can always plan to run it to the rear and test some locations. Just looking to see if anyone has done successfully!
Back to top Go down
matt270avian
Expert
matt270avian

Name : Matt
Merit : 54

PostSubject: Re: Battery Location/Relocation????   Battery Location/Relocation???? EmptyWed May 14, 2014 10:36 pm

There are a few existing chassis grounds by the antenna, but you should be fine running a ground wire back (it's under the right side of the back seat about 1ft away from the battery IIRC). I don't see any harm in running some nice 0 gauge wire back to the factory location, but I'm not an expert and I don't do this for a living.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battery Location/Relocation????   Battery Location/Relocation???? Empty

Back to top Go down

Battery Location/Relocation????
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next