Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

A/C Controller Relocation

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
plaser007
Special

Name : Steve Leza
Merit : 0

A/C Controller Relocation Empty
PostSubject: A/C Controller Relocation   A/C Controller Relocation EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 11:54 pm

Well I got phase one done on my adventure of installing a 2 din dvd player in the 95 Riviera. Heres the final product. I removed the dvd player and relocated the A/C controller using the bracket from the cd player. I simply made the wires longer and made small cut outs with a dremal and the bracket needed to be flattened out and refitted because the a/c controller is wider then the cd player. A few hours invested but definitaly worth the work. Phase two is fabricating the 2 din holder which will need to come out of the dash a few inches because there is not enough room to keep it somewhat flush like the original radio. Let me know what you think.

A/C Controller Relocation P1060871
A/C Controller Relocation P1060873
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Name : robotennis
Merit : 143

PostSubject: Re: A/C Controller Relocation   A/C Controller Relocation EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 12:13 am

looks awsome! youre a genius
Back to top Go down
BMD
Aficionado
BMD

Name : BMD
Merit : 36

PostSubject: Re: A/C Controller Relocation   A/C Controller Relocation EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 12:27 am

Pretty cool idea, looks nice. I think any radio can be made to sit flush in the dash, but it will require cutting the back of the dash out a bit. If you check the search function there are a couple of threads here where have had to do just that.
Back to top Go down
stan
Expert

Merit : 12

PostSubject: Re: A/C Controller Relocation   A/C Controller Relocation EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 2:53 am

looks good Stave,wanna see what you`ve got in mind as a final product.
Back to top Go down
plaser007
Special

Name : Steve Leza
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: A/C Controller Relocation   A/C Controller Relocation EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 10:32 am

Thanks for the comments. Unfortunately, I don't think I can gut out to much in the 95, this may not be the case in the later models but thus far I measured from the back where there is metal and there just isn't enough room.I need right about 71/2 inches from the back. I'll post some more pics when I get to the dvd player when I figure out what I am gonna do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A/C Controller Relocation   A/C Controller Relocation Empty

Back to top Go down

A/C Controller Relocation
Page 1 of 1