Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Write-up: stereo system install

Go down 
+24
RivieraParadise
ghpcnm
RoughNecks17
charlieRobinson
flyineagle96
Jason
BMD
albertj
Hometown Hero
AA
nigelf
sburch23
TheAviator
palermocorey90
Rickw
T Riley
robotennis61
stan
rivparadise
Snowdog
deekster_caddy
sqrivi
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
stan
Expert

Merit : 12

Write-up: stereo system install - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Write-up: stereo system install   Write-up: stereo system install - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 5:42 pm

wow scott,nice.You never stop......
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Name : robotennis
Merit : 143

PostSubject: Re: Write-up: stereo system install   Write-up: stereo system install - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 9:33 pm

thats just crazy!
Back to top Go down
sqrivi
Fanatic

Name : scott
Merit : 52

PostSubject: Re: Write-up: stereo system install   Write-up: stereo system install - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 3:31 pm

Well I moved to the trunk today. I want to get everything wired up so I can listen and make sure I don't need to adjust anything before I go any further with trim panels.

I have to mount the motor for the amp drawer and get it working before I can wire the amps. I have to make sure the wires are not in the way of the mechanism. The actuators I bought on Ebay are JUNK.....I couldn't resist the low price (lesson learned). The are loud, jittery, and slow. I had to take a step back and decide just how much I want this motorized rack, or do I just want to build a rack on the floor of the trunk.

I decided I am putting to much work into this build to compromise on something that I want to do. I think the rack will be cool so I am going to find a way.
After a lot of research I ordered a new actuator that will get the job done. I guess you get what you pay for. Anyway, back to work in a few days.
Back to top Go down
gmann3001
Fanatic
gmann3001

Name : Glenn W. Peck
Merit : 9

PostSubject: Re: Write-up: stereo system install   Write-up: stereo system install - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 9:05 pm

Looks like its coming along quite well. your work is really inspiring. I have plans to put my
6 3/4" polks on my doors. I'm holding off cause I have never done glass work before and
knowing how my luck is I'll "F" it up and get yelled at by the wife for wasting the money. any
advise on how to start? any books that may help?
Back to top Go down
http://gmann3001@yahoo.com
sqrivi
Fanatic

PostSubject: Re: Write-up: stereo system install   Write-up: stereo system install - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 11:03 pm

Do your research and homework. A great place to get ideas and information is http://fiberglassforums.com/

They have a section devoted to audio panels and speaker pods. http://www.fiberglassforums.com/audio-panels/

Great information there.

Another piece of advice, get quality products. I get my glass and resin from http://uscomposites.com/

Much better and a LOT easier to use and get good results than the stuff you can get at home depot or auto zone.

BE PATIENT and post a build log of the progress both here and fiberglass forums. That way you can get tips as you go.
Back to top Go down
gmann3001
Fanatic
gmann3001

PostSubject: Re: Write-up: stereo system install   Write-up: stereo system install - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 11:48 pm

Thanks! I just bookmarked those links. I agree you get what you pay for.
I do natural stone restoration and if you buy cheep supplies you get crap
if you use quality materials you get a beautiful results. here are a few
before and after of what I'm good at
Write-up: stereo system install - Page 6 IMG_20110929_131301
Write-up: stereo system install - Page 6 IMG_20110929_141200
Write-up: stereo system install - Page 6 IMAG0361
Write-up: stereo system install - Page 6 IMAG0364
I'll have to start a thread if any one is interested in seeing more... I don't want to take away from
your thread, but I have to say your work is extremely inspirational!
Back to top Go down
sqrivi
Fanatic

PostSubject: Re: Write-up: stereo system install   Write-up: stereo system install - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 2:47 pm

Very nice work.
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

PostSubject: Re: Write-up: stereo system install   Write-up: stereo system install - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 2:55 pm

Nice! when can I move in?
Back to top Go down
gmann3001
Fanatic
gmann3001

PostSubject: Re: Write-up: stereo system install   Write-up: stereo system install - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 5:21 pm

wow! I'm not doing that well... those are pics of my customers homes. any one want to see more?
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

PostSubject: Re: Write-up: stereo system install   Write-up: stereo system install - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 5:24 pm

tell those people to kindly move out as Riv performance will be converting it into a club house.members only.
Back to top Go down
sqrivi
Fanatic

PostSubject: Re: Write-up: stereo system install   Write-up: stereo system install - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 10:30 pm

Got my actuator today. happy
If the weather cooperates, I will get it installed this weekend.

Write-up: stereo system install - Page 6 IMG_0839

Here you get a better idea of the size of this thing.

Write-up: stereo system install - Page 6 IMG_0840

Plenty of travel......

Write-up: stereo system install - Page 6 IMG_0841
Back to top Go down
sqrivi
Fanatic

PostSubject: Re: Write-up: stereo system install   Write-up: stereo system install - Page 6 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 6:53 pm

Got the mounts for the actuator mocked up today. Now that everything is worked out for the mounting I can install the limit switches and weld in the brackets. The motion will be smoother once the brackets are more solidly mounted.