Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

FAQ: Vacuum Hoses & Lines (Series II SC)

Go down 
+39
mattsaari
chitown_riv98
96_Juggernaut
71stagegs
Johnny5
96riv
bmcd9179
turtleman
2000ws6transam
manofmany
knuckled1
Abaddon
Eldo
Its a car part now
Natesriv
woggy
Snowdog
albertj
keller
robotennis61
24198tom
L67
Rickw
96Super
lionfish
qprint
99Rivman
T Riley
Sag
1998 Riv
RhinoFLA
AA
TonySmooth89
deekster_caddy
Jason
Mr.Riviera
BillBoost37
dreww
mobcharge
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
dreww
Junkie
dreww

Merit : 9

FAQ: Vacuum Hoses & Lines (Series II SC) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Vacuum Hoses & Lines (Series II SC)   FAQ: Vacuum Hoses & Lines (Series II SC) - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 12:43 am

i know they eventually dry out and crack.
silicone vac lines are supposed to resist heat better. I might use them when I do my intake because most of the vac lines will have to come off anyway and I know I will break a few.
Back to top Go down
1998 Riv
Expert
1998 Riv

Name : Dave
Merit : 44

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Vacuum Hoses & Lines (Series II SC)   FAQ: Vacuum Hoses & Lines (Series II SC) - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 7:24 am

RhinoFLA wrote:
.....the rubber Tee I was using .....

Are you sure it's rubber? Hard plastic maybe? I should be able to find you a hard polypropylene replacement at work, if you want to try one. (on the house)
Back to top Go down
RhinoFLA
Aficionado
RhinoFLA

Name : Ryan
Merit : 4

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Vacuum Hoses & Lines (Series II SC)   FAQ: Vacuum Hoses & Lines (Series II SC) - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 6:16 pm

Sorry for the late reply. No Matt, it's the one near the boost bypass canister. It just looked dried out and some pieces had fallen off.. i'm pretty sure it's rubber, it's quite flexible.

FAQ: Vacuum Hoses & Lines (Series II SC) - Page 2 Amandasvideos014fp9

It's the T with the zip tie on it.
Back to top Go down
Sag
Enthusiast
Sag

Name : Martin
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Vacuum Hoses & Lines (Series II SC)   FAQ: Vacuum Hoses & Lines (Series II SC) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 4:52 pm

I made mine wit a brass fitting and brake lines some work but will work forever.
Back to top Go down
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

Name : Travis
Merit : 10

PostSubject: VACUUM LINES   FAQ: Vacuum Hoses & Lines (Series II SC) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 05, 2008 5:12 pm

where do i purchase them??? the dealer told me im nuts pretty much!!!........ but i need the ones that go to the Lower intake manifold and to the throttle body.... just the connectors......... need help ASAP
Back to top Go down
http://www.rivperformance.com
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

Name : Randall
Merit : 89

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Vacuum Hoses & Lines (Series II SC)   FAQ: Vacuum Hoses & Lines (Series II SC) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 05, 2008 5:59 pm

If you are talking about the "T" fittings by themselves the dealer is right, they are not available from anyone! The only way they sell them is the whole assembly, it is called a Vacuum Harness. It comes with the two "T" fittings and the straight one on one end and the 90* on the other end and all of the lines in between. Around $20 so not too expensive just a pain to get them! The straight and the 90 are available from Advance in their help stuff but not the "T's"
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/99Rivman
qprint
Rookie

PostSubject: cant identify vacuum thingy   FAQ: Vacuum Hoses & Lines (Series II SC) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 1:44 pm

I saw a 1/2" rubber vacuum hose cracked and after I pulled it to replace it, I saw a small 1 inch plastic thing with a hose connector on each end. it has a metal wire mesh inside it. I dont know what direction this connector goes .
A vacuum hose from the top of the engine connects to a metal bent rod [8 inches length] towards the driver side down to near the bottom of the rad into this vacuum connector, connects to a rubber hose and into a large 5 inch round item.
If i had a diagram, it would help me

I have 1996 SC 3800 II Rev
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Vacuum Hoses & Lines (Series II SC)   FAQ: Vacuum Hoses & Lines (Series II SC) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 3:27 pm

It sounds like the vacuum line to the brake booster. A picture would certainly help...
Back to top Go down
lionfish
Enthusiast
lionfish

Merit : 5

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Vacuum Hoses & Lines (Series II SC)   FAQ: Vacuum Hoses & Lines (Series II SC) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 3:35 pm

The round 5” item on the driver’s side is the vacuum modulator on the 4T60E transmission.

I went to Advance Auto Parts to find some new plastic connectors after my vac lines crumbled. For my non-supercharged engine, I purchased a plastic T connector with two 3/8” and one ¼” port, a 3/8” to ¼” plastic adapter for the modulator connection, a ¼” to 3/16” plastic adapter for the fuel rail, two feet of ¼” fuel line for the modulator, one foot of 3/8 fuel line for the throttle body connection, one foot of 3/16 fuel line for the fuel rail connection.
Back to top Go down
qprint
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Vacuum Hoses & Lines (Series II SC)   FAQ: Vacuum Hoses & Lines (Series II SC) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 12:51 pm

vacuum modulator looks like mine
Which direction is it installed ?
large or small port towards vacuum hose running to top of engine ?
Back to top Go down
lionfish
Enthusiast
lionfish

Merit : 5

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Vacuum Hoses & Lines (Series II SC)   FAQ: Vacuum Hoses & Lines (Series II SC) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 12:17 pm

qprint wrote:
vacuum modulator looks like mine
Which direction is it installed ?
large or small port towards vacuum hose running to top of engine ?

The port with notch in it points down in my car. It is connected to a 1" piece
of hose that is connected to the vacuum modulator.
Back to top Go down
96Super

Name : Anthony
Merit : 1

PostSubject: Need a vacuum diagram   FAQ: Vacuum Hoses & Lines (Series II SC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 3:47 pm

I have searched all over, and can't find the basic Vacuum diagram anywhere. I changed my Super Charger, and now need to figure out the vacuum lines to finish.

Thanks,

Newb - Tony
Back to top Go down
96Super

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Vacuum Hoses & Lines (Series II SC)   FAQ: Vacuum Hoses & Lines (Series II SC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 3:55 pm

Looks like that is only a list of parts to purchase. I'm just looking for a pic, or scanned image of the vacuum line routing. Just so I can go start my car back up today.

Thanks again
Back to top Go down
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

Name : Matthew
Merit : 101

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Vacuum Hoses & Lines (Series II SC)   FAQ: Vacuum Hoses & Lines (Series II SC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 3:59 pm

did you change out the supercharger with another one from a 96 or is i a newer design?
on our 96's we have a different vac tree since we need a line going to the transmission. you will probably have to rig up a new design like tonysmooth did when he swapped out his blower for a P&P.
...maybe he can post of pic of what he did you for?

Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 119

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Vacuum Hoses & Lines (Series II SC)   FAQ: Vacuum Hoses & Lines (Series II SC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 4:03 pm

96Super wrote:
Looks like that is only a list of parts to purchase. I'm just looking for a pic, or scanned image of the vacuum line routing. Just so I can go start my car back up today.

Thanks again

Yeh, I read your post to quickly and thought you needed a diaphram, not a diagram.
Sorry about that. i deleted my response.
If anyone has the Factory Manual for the 1996 it will show the proper hose routing.
I gather there isn't a decal on the radiator support otherwise you wouldn't be asking.
Back to top Go down
L67
Aficionado

Name : Matt
Merit : 37

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Vacuum Hoses & Lines (Series II SC)   FAQ: Vacuum Hoses & Lines (Series II SC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 4:09 pm

Rickw wrote:
96Super wrote:

Thanks again

Yeh, I read your post to quickly and thought you needed a diaphram, not a diagram.
If anyone has the Factory Manual for the 1996 it will show the proper hose routing.
I gather there isn't a decal on the radiator support otherwise you wouldn't be asking.

I have the manual, but wont be able to look it up til much later tonight. So i should have an answer later on.
Back to top Go down
96Super

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Vacuum Hoses & Lines (Series II SC)   FAQ: Vacuum Hoses & Lines (Series II SC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 4:10 pm

Rickw wrote:
96Super wrote:

Thanks again

I'm surprised. There is not even a drive belt diagram
Back to top Go down
96Super

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Vacuum Hoses & Lines (Series II SC)   FAQ: Vacuum Hoses & Lines (Series II SC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 4:12 pm

L67 wrote:
Rickw wrote:
96Super wrote:

Thanks again

I have the manual, but wont be able to look it up til much later tonight. So i should have an answer later on.

That would be awesome!! Did you buy the shop manual from the dealer? How much was it? I'll probably buy one since I plan on keeping this for 100k or so
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Vacuum Hoses & Lines (Series II SC)   FAQ: Vacuum Hoses & Lines (Series II SC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 4:14 pm

96Super wrote:
I'm surprised. There is not even a drive belt diagram
Again, available in the FSM.
If you plan on keeping the car you might want to look at buying a set of Factory Manuals from EBay used. They come up for sale often.
You can expect prices to be between $30.00 and $50.00.
I bought a set within a week of buying my car and they have been invaluable.
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Vacuum Hoses & Lines (Series II SC)   FAQ: Vacuum Hoses & Lines (Series II SC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 4:15 pm

Go to EBay Motors and then look for manuals, IIRC.
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Vacuum Hoses & Lines (Series II SC)   FAQ: Vacuum Hoses & Lines (Series II SC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 4:22 pm

It's under Parts and Accessories, then drop down tab to Manuals
Back to top Go down
96Super

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Vacuum Hoses & Lines (Series II SC)   FAQ: Vacuum Hoses & Lines (Series II SC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 5:03 pm

Well, I paid a subscription to alldatadiy.com The good news is I have 2 diagrams I need. The bad news is the new S/C did indeed come from a 1999 engine. So... I am now missing the 3-tree of vacuum lines (Manifold Vacuum Source) Do you know how I can get around this? Can I use a "T" type connector and use the extra vacuum from the blank (Dead center of the S/C getting vacuum from the throttle body?
Back to top Go down
96Super

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Vacuum Hoses & Lines (Series II SC)   FAQ: Vacuum Hoses & Lines (Series II SC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 5:12 pm

Here is a visual:

Photobucket

or is that is not working:

https://2img.net/h/i19.photobucket.com/albums/b189/ssxt8camaro/SANY0586.jpg
Back to top Go down
96Super

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Vacuum Hoses & Lines (Series II SC)   FAQ: Vacuum Hoses & Lines (Series II SC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 5:13 pm

Correction, in the picture above it would be Number 4
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Vacuum Hoses & Lines (Series II SC)   FAQ: Vacuum Hoses & Lines (Series II SC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 5:18 pm

Is that diagram from a '99 or '96? My '98 does not look like this. It has a T under the s/c snout and the line from the MAP sensor continues around from there to the F/P regulator to the BBV.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Vacuum Hoses & Lines (Series II SC)   FAQ: Vacuum Hoses & Lines (Series II SC) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

FAQ: Vacuum Hoses & Lines (Series II SC)
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next