Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

injector pulsing problem, was ign. switch. how to replace?

Go down 
+4
AA
deekster_caddy
Mr.Riviera
dreww
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 252

injector pulsing problem, was ign. switch. how to replace? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: injector pulsing problem, was ign. switch. how to replace?   injector pulsing problem, was ign. switch. how to replace? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 12:04 pm

I agree, the teacher smiley feels condescending, but at times it's needed. I rarely if ever use it, but I think I could if I were correcting someone. It's not the icon's fault, it's how we use it that matters.

Members can see voting on their own posts, but you may not vote. Dave, scroll up to see one of your posts has votes.

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
1998 Riv
Expert
1998 Riv

Name : Dave
Merit : 44

PostSubject: Re: injector pulsing problem, was ign. switch. how to replace?   injector pulsing problem, was ign. switch. how to replace? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 12:24 pm

Ah, ok, first time I've seen it on my own post.
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

Name : Mark
Merit : 104

PostSubject: Re: injector pulsing problem, was ign. switch. how to replace?   injector pulsing problem, was ign. switch. how to replace? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 10:33 pm

AA wrote:

Rick, you are among the highest ranking here in Integrity score. There is a standard that must be upheld to keep that score, and that includes posting correct information. You were wrong, someone banged you, and you still have an awesome Integrity score. What's the problem?

Mark, I agree that in your case it was uncalled for. The teacher smiley was appropriate, actually! I am voting positive in your followup post to offset the negative someone gave to you earlier.

Ahhhh, now I understand Rick's last post, about the eggshells. I didn't notice that someone had neg'd him, and he didn't specify, so I was only looking for a nasty written response posted in between that one and his perfectly civil reply to me...

Also, thanks for the agreement and the offset Aaron.
Back to top Go down
dreww
Junkie
dreww

Merit : 9

PostSubject: Re: injector pulsing problem, was ign. switch. how to replace?   injector pulsing problem, was ign. switch. how to replace? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 12:45 am

Eldo wrote:
Rickw wrote:
The ignition switch (all of the electrical parts) is down on the steering column under the insulation panel, not where the key goes in. It's actually easy to replace.

teach It used to be down on the steering column, under the dash, but now it's in the same housing as the key cylinder... According to this book, you have to pull the knee bolster, drop the column, remove 6 screws to separate the upper and lower parts of the housing where the ignition is, and then 2 screws from the switch itself on the left side, below the turn signal lever.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24229483@N07/

thanks for the reply. my mechanic was just in there replacing the multifunction switch, so it appears he will have to drop the column again.
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

Name : Mark
Merit : 104

PostSubject: Re: injector pulsing problem, was ign. switch. how to replace?   injector pulsing problem, was ign. switch. how to replace? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 2:58 am

You're welcome... cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: injector pulsing problem, was ign. switch. how to replace?   injector pulsing problem, was ign. switch. how to replace? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

injector pulsing problem, was ign. switch. how to replace?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2