Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Bad night.. Lots of oil and lots of smoke (carnage pics)

Go down 
+13
nothincame2mind
Chicken
Eldo
L67
turtleman
albertj
Mr.Riviera
BKRIV
oldsman105
Rickw
AA
deekster_caddy
T Riley
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Which Cylinder is the issue
Bad night.. Lots of oil and lots of smoke (carnage pics) - Page 5 Vote_lcap0%Bad night.. Lots of oil and lots of smoke (carnage pics) - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Bad night.. Lots of oil and lots of smoke (carnage pics) - Page 5 Vote_lcap0%Bad night.. Lots of oil and lots of smoke (carnage pics) - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Bad night.. Lots of oil and lots of smoke (carnage pics) - Page 5 Vote_lcap55%Bad night.. Lots of oil and lots of smoke (carnage pics) - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 55% [ 6 ]
Bad night.. Lots of oil and lots of smoke (carnage pics) - Page 5 Vote_lcap9%Bad night.. Lots of oil and lots of smoke (carnage pics) - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 9% [ 1 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
Bad night.. Lots of oil and lots of smoke (carnage pics) - Page 5 Vote_lcap9%Bad night.. Lots of oil and lots of smoke (carnage pics) - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 9% [ 1 ]
No piston blew up
Bad night.. Lots of oil and lots of smoke (carnage pics) - Page 5 Vote_lcap27%Bad night.. Lots of oil and lots of smoke (carnage pics) - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 27% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
oldsman105
Junkie
oldsman105

Name : Enrique Patino
Merit : 10

Bad night.. Lots of oil and lots of smoke (carnage pics) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad night.. Lots of oil and lots of smoke (carnage pics)   Bad night.. Lots of oil and lots of smoke (carnage pics) - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Bump!

Hows it running?
Back to top Go down
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

Name : Travis

PostSubject: Re: Bad night.. Lots of oil and lots of smoke (carnage pics)   Bad night.. Lots of oil and lots of smoke (carnage pics) - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 7:08 pm

oldsman105 wrote:
Bump!

Hows it running?

It's running better now.. I have been driving it without scanning it.. and it seems ok.. I have not gone WOT yet... Scurrrrrred to pop a piston nervous
Back to top Go down
http://www.rivperformance.com
mrod7510

Merit : 1

PostSubject: Re: Bad night.. Lots of oil and lots of smoke (carnage pics)   Bad night.. Lots of oil and lots of smoke (carnage pics) - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 10:42 pm

What happened to your engine?
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Name : robotennis
Merit : 143

PostSubject: Re: Bad night.. Lots of oil and lots of smoke (carnage pics)   Bad night.. Lots of oil and lots of smoke (carnage pics) - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 11:38 pm

mrod7510 wrote:
he fed her corn and she farted her ass out! very sad story,i doubt he wants to bring it up?
(moment of silence) boohoo boohoo boohoo
Back to top Go down
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

PostSubject: Re: Bad night.. Lots of oil and lots of smoke (carnage pics)   Bad night.. Lots of oil and lots of smoke (carnage pics) - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 8:04 pm

mrod7510 wrote:

Too much boost...... pale And who need's KR sensors anyway rolleyes
Back to top Go down
L67
Aficionado

Name : Matt
Merit : 37

PostSubject: Re: Bad night.. Lots of oil and lots of smoke (carnage pics)   Bad night.. Lots of oil and lots of smoke (carnage pics) - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 8:39 pm

98riviera98 wrote:
mrod7510 wrote:

Too much boost...... pale And who need's KR sensors anyway rolleyes

3.1 on a Jenny 5 FTLose
Back to top Go down
mrod7510

Merit : 1

PostSubject: Re: Bad night.. Lots of oil and lots of smoke (carnage pics)   Bad night.. Lots of oil and lots of smoke (carnage pics) - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 2:58 am

So I should just leave that 3.1 pulley I have rolling around my back seat alone a? Or until I can talk our tuner at the shop to make time for me frown
Back to top Go down
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

PostSubject: Re: Bad night.. Lots of oil and lots of smoke (carnage pics)   Bad night.. Lots of oil and lots of smoke (carnage pics) - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 3:02 am

mrod7510 wrote:
So I should just leave that 3.1 pulley I have rolling around my back seat alone a? Or until I can talk our tuner at the shop to make time for me frown

you need wayyy more mods.. cool I was running on E85 also... which doesn't like to knock... but i was seeing 17 or 18 lbs of boost.. which is a no-no for our glass motors.. censor
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: Bad night.. Lots of oil and lots of smoke (carnage pics)   Bad night.. Lots of oil and lots of smoke (carnage pics) - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 7:09 am

mrod7510 wrote:

You need a lot more support to run a 3.1. I could never get my 3.2 to run KR free even with 45 lb injectors and 1.9 roller rockers. Until I went with a cam/GenV blower etc. Now I'm getting ready to try a 3.1.
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 252

PostSubject: Re: Bad night.. Lots of oil and lots of smoke (carnage pics)   Bad night.. Lots of oil and lots of smoke (carnage pics) - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 8:59 am

98riviera98 wrote:
Too much boost......
I think what Travis meant to say is "too much heat". Our engines aren't glass, and will take lots of boost if kept nice and cool. Boost doesn't chip pistons - knock does. And contrary to what some say, E85 knocks just like regular gas, when it gets hot enough.

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

PostSubject: Re: Bad night.. Lots of oil and lots of smoke (carnage pics)   Bad night.. Lots of oil and lots of smoke (carnage pics) - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 12:53 pm

AA wrote:
98riviera98 wrote:
Too much boost......
I think what Travis meant to say is "too much heat". Our engines aren't glass, and will take lots of boost if kept nice and cool. Boost doesn't chip pistons - knock does. And contrary to what some say, E85 knocks just like regular gas, when it gets hot enough.

indeed.. which is why my #3 piston shrapnel'd on me!! But If i was running a smaller pulley i wouldn't have had as much boost.. Thus i wouldn't have had as much heat... So i meant i was running to small of a pulley (too much boost) i did have too much heat i suppose.. but i'm not a RITARD and don't say (i had too much heat) So i don't stand corrected...
read
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 252

PostSubject: Re: Bad night.. Lots of oil and lots of smoke (carnage pics)   Bad night.. Lots of oil and lots of smoke (carnage pics) - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 1:16 pm

Travis wrote:
But If i was running a smaller pulley i wouldn't have had as much boost.. Thus i wouldn't have had as much heat...
Lol, should I copy and paste this one into my sig?!!

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
Hometown Hero
Junkie
Hometown Hero

Name : Klix
Merit : 16

PostSubject: Re: Bad night.. Lots of oil and lots of smoke (carnage pics)   Bad night.. Lots of oil and lots of smoke (carnage pics) - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 1:23 pm

OUCH! My heart goes out to you man.
Back to top Go down
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

PostSubject: Re: Bad night.. Lots of oil and lots of smoke (carnage pics)   Bad night.. Lots of oil and lots of smoke (carnage pics) - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 1:24 pm

AA wrote:
Travis wrote:
But If i was running a smaller pulley i wouldn't have had as much boost.. Thus i wouldn't have had as much heat...
Lol, should I copy and paste this one into my sig?!!

U mad brah? I don't get WTF is so funny? Is it really sig worthy?
Back to top Go down
L67
Aficionado

PostSubject: Re: Bad night.. Lots of oil and lots of smoke (carnage pics)   Bad night.. Lots of oil and lots of smoke (carnage pics) - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 1:38 pm

You should've said bigger pulley
Back to top Go down
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

Name : Matthew
Merit : 101

PostSubject: Re: Bad night.. Lots of oil and lots of smoke (carnage pics)   Bad night.. Lots of oil and lots of smoke (carnage pics) - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 1:52 pm

Travis wrote:

maybe that's the problem.
just so everyone is clear... the smaller the pulley the more boost you
make. Travis, have you been getting it backward this whole time? no
wonder you had boost stacking and extreme heat Bad night.. Lots of oil and lots of smoke (carnage pics) - Page 5 Icon_win

Back to top Go down
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

PostSubject: Re: Bad night.. Lots of oil and lots of smoke (carnage pics)   Bad night.. Lots of oil and lots of smoke (carnage pics) - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 6:04 pm

Mr.Riviera wrote:
Travis wrote:

maybe that's the problem.
just so everyone is clear... the smaller the pulley the more boost you
make. Travis, have you been getting it backward this whole time? no
wonder you had boost stacking and extreme heat Bad night.. Lots of oil and lots of smoke (carnage pics) - Page 5 Icon_win

bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk

effffing A............... lol YES it was funny AA.. my bad brah..
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: Bad night.. Lots of oil and lots of smoke (carnage pics)   Bad night.. Lots of oil and lots of smoke (carnage pics) - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 8:31 pm

what's a brah? Something women wear to hold their breasts in place, no?
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 119

PostSubject: Re: Bad night.. Lots of oil and lots of smoke (carnage pics)   Bad night.. Lots of oil and lots of smoke (carnage pics) - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 8:34 pm

deekster_caddy wrote:
Definition must be in the Non-Collegiate Edition of Webster's.
Back to top Go down
L67
Aficionado

PostSubject: Re: Bad night.. Lots of oil and lots of smoke (carnage pics)   Bad night.. Lots of oil and lots of smoke (carnage pics) - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 8:41 pm

Rickw wrote:
deekster_caddy wrote:
Definition must be in the Non-Collegiate Edition of Webster's.

Travis just enrolled in classes today, he's very scholarly! lecture
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

PostSubject: Re: Bad night.. Lots of oil and lots of smoke (carnage pics)   Bad night.. Lots of oil and lots of smoke (carnage pics) - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 8:44 pm

i tink dat a brah must be da one i took off da broad next to me at da movies. she sed dont touch my brah! but i told her dat it was ok,and she sed go ahead.. take it off,my brah...
Back to top Go down
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

PostSubject: Re: Bad night.. Lots of oil and lots of smoke (carnage pics)   Bad night.. Lots of oil and lots of smoke (carnage pics) - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 9:45 pm

LOL WTF BBQ?

AA sorry for calling you out... I was wrong.. I take the blame!!!! IM A N00B when it comes to Cars and don't know a effing thing i tell ya
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

PostSubject: Re: Bad night.. Lots of oil and lots of smoke (carnage pics)   Bad night.. Lots of oil and lots of smoke (carnage pics) - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 9:52 pm

ALL IS FORGIVEN MY SON sunny GO NOW AND PLANT THE CORN popcorn AND SIN NO MORE angel
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 119

PostSubject: Re: Bad night.. Lots of oil and lots of smoke (carnage pics)   Bad night.. Lots of oil and lots of smoke (carnage pics) - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 10:19 pm

I looked back Brah, and didn't see anybody calling anybody out.????
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

PostSubject: Re: Bad night.. Lots of oil and lots of smoke (carnage pics)   Bad night.. Lots of oil and lots of smoke (carnage pics) - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 12:42 am

yeah i looked back too brah,an i didn see nutin?
stop smokin da corn pimp
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bad night.. Lots of oil and lots of smoke (carnage pics)   Bad night.. Lots of oil and lots of smoke (carnage pics) - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bad night.. Lots of oil and lots of smoke (carnage pics)
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next