Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Post pics of your wood dash kit here.

Go down 
+50
charlieRobinson
th3fr4nchi5e
joshuadalegrimes
llamalor2112
matt270avian
stan
Natesriv
69GSColorado
LaFlare
ghpcnm
eastside604
GMFreak8
fieromanie
KillaKeninaRiv
Workman
ibmoses
71stagegs
Hometown Hero
LARRY70GS
Snowdog
Rickw
woggy
robotennis61
DEMonte1997
duckstu
BoattailBob
SC95Riv
palermocorey90
TradeMark
RhinoFLA
¤DoughBoy¤
98riv
97Riv-Jon
SpaceBar
jimmyriv
1998 Riv
okiedrifter
NO 4 EVR
sburch23
Jack the R
racinfan
xxsupergman25xx
jax95riv
oldsman105
SilverArrow102
lionfish
Andysdorm
T Riley
AA
99Rivman
54 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
LARRY70GS
Aficionado
LARRY70GS

Name : Larry
Merit : 149

Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post pics of your wood dash kit here.   Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 9 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 6:43 pm

My pictures are at the beginning of page 12. As far as I know, Sherwood is the only dash kit that is labeled. My Sherwood kit is real wood. The color is Rosewood.

http://www.sherwoodinnovations.com/Parent/materials.asp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHCda-t_Jls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfT2tEO4XcU
Back to top Go down
LaFlare

Name : G
Merit : 2

PostSubject: Re: Post pics of your wood dash kit here.   Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 9:44 pm

99Rivman wrote:

Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 9 Sample12

do you think you can take a picture from the side? i am curious as to how that center piece looks and fits. because unlike most dash kits i've seen, this one goes all the way down instead of just covering the stock woodgrain....

Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 9 Mwp06x

Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 9 161f3ax

Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 9 Viecco
Back to top Go down
69GSColorado
Fanatic
69GSColorado

Name : Jordon
Merit : 29

PostSubject: Re: Post pics of your wood dash kit here.   Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 4:29 pm

Im wanting to buy a true carbon fiber sherwood dash kit. For those of you that have purchased sherwood kits, where did you get yours from? Price is important but customer service and quality shipping is even more so. I'd appreciate your help! smile
Back to top Go down
LARRY70GS
Aficionado
LARRY70GS

PostSubject: Re: Post pics of your wood dash kit here.   Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 5:00 pm

69GSColorado wrote:
Im wanting to buy a true carbon fiber sherwood dash kit. For those of you that have purchased sherwood kits, where did you get yours from? Price is important but customer service and quality shipping is even more so. I'd appreciate your help! smile

I got mine from www.carid.com

They had excellent customer service. After installing my kit, I discovered that they had reversed the words "Lock" and "Unlock" on the passenger side armrest. I called them and e-mailed a picture. They acknowledged the problem, and I was shipped a replacement from Sherwood. Everything was handled very quickly, and I remembered thinking that I would use them again in a heartbeat if I needed to.

Back to top Go down
69GSColorado
Fanatic
69GSColorado

PostSubject: Re: Post pics of your wood dash kit here.   Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 5:44 pm

Thanks Larry, I appreciate it! You think the carbon fiber would look good with burgandy interior? I think it would go really well, but that's just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
LARRY70GS
Aficionado
LARRY70GS

PostSubject: Re: Post pics of your wood dash kit here.   Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 6:27 pm

69GSColorado wrote:
Thanks Larry, I appreciate it! You think the carbon fiber would look good with burgandy interior? I think it would go really well, but that's just my opinion.

It's your car, whatever you are happy with. I know the wood looks great with my tan interior. Burgandy requires something else, so carbon fiber might be the ticket. Take some pictures and post them. I'm curious to see what it looks like.

Back to top Go down
69GSColorado
Fanatic
69GSColorado

PostSubject: Re: Post pics of your wood dash kit here.   Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 6:49 pm

Ugh the link on carid.com for sherwood dash kits won't let me select a finish. I guess I'll have to call and speak with someone on the phone.

While I was on their site, I took a minute to look at the kits by B&I. I noticed that their true carbon fiber kits are actually darker than those offered by Sherwood. I almost like the look better, but I've heard so many good things about Sherwood that I'm afraid to turn away from them. I'm not sure if anyone on this site had even used B&I before.

Would anyone care to take a look at the different carbon fiber kits offered by each company and offer me their insight? I could always call both companies and have them send me samples, but in your opinion which would look better with burgundy interior? Thanks
Back to top Go down
69GSColorado
Fanatic
69GSColorado

PostSubject: Re: Post pics of your wood dash kit here.   Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 9 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 1:07 am

Forget Carbon Fiber! Mimousa offers black suede dash kits for the Riviera!! All their kits are made in the USA too, so that's a big plus. I think the suede will give me the classy yet still sporty look I'm going for, similar to the GTO's.
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

Name : Randall
Merit : 90

PostSubject: Re: Post pics of your wood dash kit here.   Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 9 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 7:35 am

LaFlare wrote:
do you think you can take a picture from the side? i am curious as to how that center piece looks and fits. because unlike most dash kits i've seen, this one goes all the way down instead of just covering the stock woodgrain....
This kit was never actually "installed"; we were just holding it in place for illustration purposes. I know what you mean about the coverage, I have done both a '95 and a '99 with these kits. Obviously since the '95 came with no wood trim it wasn't a factor but the kit I installed on the '99 was a Sherwood kit, it didn't come all the way down and I did have trouble getting it to cover the holes from removing the old trim piece.

I see you are going with something different anyway, good luck with that.

Hope this helps thumbsup
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/99Rivman
Natesriv
Addict
Natesriv

Name : Nate
Merit : 16

PostSubject: Re: Post pics of your wood dash kit here.   Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 8:36 am

Got mine years ago on eBay...
Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 9 Standard

Did steering wheel too, this name....top photo
Back to top Go down
LARRY70GS
Aficionado
LARRY70GS

PostSubject: Re: Post pics of your wood dash kit here.   Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 9:13 am

Nate,
What size did the Riv wheel take? What colors did you order from Wheelskins? It looks great. I have a Wheelskins cover on my 70 GS. They make very nice covers.

Is this the size/color combination? EuroTone Two-Color Buick / Riviera / 1995 - 1999 AXX T&B: Tan
Sides: Sand

Back to top Go down
Natesriv
Addict
Natesriv

PostSubject: Re: Post pics of your wood dash kit here.   Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 9:52 am

here you go!

Back to top Go down
LARRY70GS
Aficionado
LARRY70GS

PostSubject: Re: Post pics of your wood dash kit here.   Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 9:57 am

That is what I thought. Thanks.

Back to top Go down
Natesriv
Addict
Natesriv

PostSubject: Re: Post pics of your wood dash kit here.   Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 10:00 am

It's been on there for years...I bet if I took it off...the wheel would look funky!

But the quality of that material has held up for the whole time.. The cord they use is very tough.

I've got some wear on it now so a redo might be in order, but it's very light.

Great product.
Back to top Go down
stan
Expert

Merit : 12

PostSubject: Re: Post pics of your wood dash kit here.   Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 12:51 pm

they are all nice.I think the best way is to carbon-fiber all the parts separately with the color of choice,it'll look more factory/pro.I myself always wanted one of those!
Back to top Go down
LaFlare

Name : G
Merit : 2

PostSubject: Re: Post pics of your wood dash kit here.   Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 2:36 pm

Natesriv wrote:

for the center piece that covers the radio, did you have to take off the original stock woodgrain first? also do you remember the company its from?
Back to top Go down
Natesriv
Addict
Natesriv

PostSubject: Re: Post pics of your wood dash kit here.   Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 4:24 pm

You have to remove the center radio surround. It's held in place with some metallic tangs which pop out from the rear. (take the dash cover off, and you'll be able to remove it. Held with some sticky tape like stuff as well...take your time.

The dash kit is so long ago I don't even remember, but Google gives tons...one good one (and priced about what I paid)
http://www.autoaccessoriesgarage.com/Dash-Kits/Sherwood-Innovations-Dash-Kit/_Item/_504303952?utm_source=google&utm_medium=Dash-Kits&utm_campaign=GoogleProducts&utm_term=Sherwood-Innovations-Dash-Kit

Back to top Go down
Natesriv
Addict
Natesriv

PostSubject: Re: Post pics of your wood dash kit here.   Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 5:02 pm

stan wrote:
they are all nice.I think the best way is to carbon-fiber all the parts separately with the color of choice,it'll look more factory/pro.I myself always wanted one of those!

Yeah! Those dark interors..with a dark burlwood or carbon fiber...that's nice!
Back to top Go down
LARRY70GS
Aficionado
LARRY70GS

PostSubject: Re: Post pics of your wood dash kit here.   Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 5:14 pm

I did not remove my radio surround, but that was because the Sherwood real rosewood color was so close to the stock surround color, that you don't even see it.

Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 9 DashKit8

Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 9 SherwoodShift

Back to top Go down
matt270avian
Expert
matt270avian

Name : Matt
Merit : 54

PostSubject: Re: Post pics of your wood dash kit here.   Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 9 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 10:14 pm

Put my woodgrain kit on. Going to let it sit for a week while I'm on vacation and come back with the adhesion sponge to touch up anything that needs to. Full review in the appropriate thread.

Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 9 2013-015
Back to top Go down
matt270avian
Expert
matt270avian

Name : Matt
Merit : 54

PostSubject: Re: Post pics of your wood dash kit here.   Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 9 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 10:19 pm

Here's mine;

Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 9 2013-015

It made a very nice difference. It's nowhere near perfect. There are many gaps where blue leaks through, and the pieces weren't cut perfectly. They all fit fine, except for the left side of the dash. They didn't cut the part that wraps around the radio trim quite right. None of the pieces have lables either (window up/down, lock, etc). I bought it from autocarimage for $130+10 shipping, so I can't complain very much. It's times like these I wish I had a tan interior as it would look so much nicer.
Back to top Go down
llamalor2112
Junkie
llamalor2112

Name : Evan
Merit : 13

PostSubject: Re: Post pics of your wood dash kit here.   Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 9 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 10:53 pm

On the contrary, I thinly that exact color looks very good on the blue. Deep and expensive razz ....also, nice shifter haha
Back to top Go down
joshuadalegrimes
Addict
joshuadalegrimes

Name : josh
Merit : 13

PostSubject: Re: Post pics of your wood dash kit here.   Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 9 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 11:58 pm

that looks sweet! im off for a week and plan on doin some of my own carbon fiber stuff like the pic i sent ya matt. also some other stuff i hope
Back to top Go down
th3fr4nchi5e
Addict
th3fr4nchi5e

Name : Dave
Merit : 28

PostSubject: Re: Post pics of your wood dash kit here.   Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 9 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 12:02 am

I think that darker color looks stellar with the blue!
Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

Name : Charlie
Merit : 31

PostSubject: Re: Post pics of your wood dash kit here.   Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 9 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 12:13 am

Looks nice!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post pics of your wood dash kit here.   Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Post pics of your wood dash kit here.
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next