HomeDashboardFAQSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksMemberlistLog in
Share | 

FAQ: Steering Column Slop, Problems & Replacement

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
AuthorMessage
albertj
Guru

Name :
Merit : 123

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Steering Column Slop, Problems & Replacement   Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:12 am

9ty7rivi wrote:

albertj wrote:

9ty7rivi wrote:
I just recently pulled the steering wheel from a 99' rivi. Would it be a direct bolt on or will I be looking at a headache for my swap?

I don'[t know for sure, but it should bolt on.

For the rest of you, that wheel was used in a bunch of Buicks of that era including the Skylark, however the different 'versions' had different part numbers but only really differed as to what color they were painted, whether they had leather grips sewn on, horn pads, and switch pack (radio/HVAC)

Thanks for the response. I'm just waiting on my mechanic for a quote or i'll be attempting this myself... scratch nervous

As long as you have the FSM for instructions, and the proper tools, the only likely headache will be re-setting the trouble code for the airbag. Be sure you use a righteous puller for pulling the wheel.
Back to top Go down
9ty7rivi

Name : terrance
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Steering Column Slop, Problems & Replacement   Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:54 am

albertj wrote:

9ty7rivi wrote:

albertj wrote:

9ty7rivi wrote:
I just recently pulled the steering wheel from a 99' rivi. Would it be a direct bolt on or will I be looking at a headache for my swap?

I don'[t know for sure, but it should bolt on.

For the rest of you, that wheel was used in a bunch of Buicks of that era including the Skylark, however the different 'versions' had different part numbers but only really differed as to what color they were painted, whether they had leather grips sewn on, horn pads, and switch pack (radio/HVAC)

Thanks for the response. I'm just waiting on my mechanic for a quote or i'll be attempting this myself... scratch nervous

As long as you have the FSM for instructions, and the proper tools, the only likely headache will be re-setting the trouble code for the airbag.  Be sure you use a righteous puller for pulling the wheel.

I do have the FSM. Will a puller from auto zone suffice or would I need too purchase one? With the FSM would it still be a headache resetting the trouble code?
Back to top Go down
albertj
Guru

Name :
Merit : 123

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Steering Column Slop, Problems & Replacement   Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:17 pm

9ty7rivi wrote:

albertj wrote:

9ty7rivi wrote:

albertj wrote:

9ty7rivi wrote:

I don't know for sure, but it should bolt on.

As long as you have the FSM for instructions, and the proper tools, the only likely headache will be re-setting the trouble code for the airbag.  Be sure you use a righteous puller for pulling the wheel.

I do have the FSM. Will a puller from auto zone suffice or would I need too purchase one? With the FSM would it still be a headache resetting the trouble code?

IIRC you need to use other bolts with the loaner AZ puller - I can't find the post about this ATM but it should not be hard to find using a Google search on the web. Something like "puller GM steering wheel" As for the code, not all scan tools will reset the airbag codes, you may need to snag a TechII or visit a dealer.
Back to top Go down

FAQ: Steering Column Slop, Problems & Replacement
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 12 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12