Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Thinking about painting grill black

Go down 
+7
AA
matt270avian
stan
DEMonte1997
Sir Psycho Sexy
robotennis61
96_Juggernaut
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
al_roethlisberger
Junkie
al_roethlisberger

Name : Al Roethlisberger
Merit : 24

Thinking about painting grill black - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thinking about painting grill black   Thinking about painting grill black - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 10:19 am

The blacked out tail light trim does look pretty nice. It is a great option for anyone with damaged chrome also. I find a lot of higher mileage cars have the chrome worn off under the trunk lik gap/drains and of course the license plate bezel tends to eventually peel.

And yes, my "supercharged" emblem is also on the right, and every one in the wrecking yard (four so far) are on the right.

Al
Back to top Go down
ZEP
Fanatic
ZEP

Name : Zach
Merit : 11

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about painting grill black   Thinking about painting grill black - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 10:42 am

96_Juggernaut's emblem is just "special" dunce 

J/k - and the blacked out trim looks awesome. And on a green Riv on top of that!
Back to top Go down
DEMonte1997
Aficionado
DEMonte1997

Name : Rick
Merit : 37

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about painting grill black   Thinking about painting grill black - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 7:13 pm

I guess my next question is going to be... what are you going to do with the chrome fender arches? jump 
Back to top Go down
96_Juggernaut
Fanatic
96_Juggernaut

Name : Todd Balestrini
Merit : 5

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about painting grill black   Thinking about painting grill black - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 10:28 pm

DEMonte1997 wrote:
I guess my next question is going to be... what are you going to do with the chrome fender arches?  jump 
Same treatment for sure, however I am a bit confused about how to remove the front ones. The front ones also have a few broken clips which are causing them to bow out a little, compliments of who ever side swiped it while it was in storage. would it be just as easy to buy universal black trim ? Never used it before and not sure how it looks and mounts.
Back to top Go down
DEMonte1997
Aficionado
DEMonte1997

Name : Rick
Merit : 37

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about painting grill black   Thinking about painting grill black - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 11:05 pm

The front arches are tricky. It's tough to get them off without breaking most of the clips that hold them in. Ridiculous GM couldn't do it similar to the rear with the screws. I picked up 12 clips new from either the dealer or internet (they are really odd GM specific) and put them back on that way. Shop around for the clips as you can get them cheaper from online sources.

I'd say to just tape off the car and spray them on but you mentioned that one or both have broken clips already. Now would be the time to take them off and redo.

Pics when this car is all said and done. I'm really excited. Will look mean as hell.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about painting grill black   Thinking about painting grill black - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Thinking about painting grill black
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3