Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I)

Go down 
+98
Sir Psycho Sexy
joshuadalegrimes
matt270avian
peakwynn
al_roethlisberger
bigdave
T Riley
jlaw
billy1290
llamalor2112
Selcouth
fieromanie
Mattwa
th3fr4nchi5e
Mikel
highwaywarrior
Jamax
charlieRobinson
Jason
Ultra16
gmann3001
69GSColorado
2000ws6transam
RidzRiv
Rivillac
LARRY70GS
dhughes03
MC CUSTOMS
rk0ehn
jimmyriv
sburch23
Z-type
adri
setsuna57
Ship
dreww
Hometown Hero
denim
RivieraTim
96riv
mudbuny76
RoughNecks17
97buickriviera
abaucom
ghpcnm
themanwithsauce
Bowersk
Fastbuick95
BlownRiv
stan
L67
7901mark
DEMonte1997
black shadow
VJD2
Sweepspear
J. Chris Davis
97 park ave
BMD
moldymac
madrivage
robotennis61
Abaddon
AA
flyineagle96
jonly
Eldo
cadillacman
IBx1
zombiesarebad
1wickedninja
dscott2000
daltonultra
jamie
captshiner
manofmany
Supercharged
Lucas
deekster_caddy
turtleman
Chicken
99Rivman
Jack the R
Shintsu
patillac
redreatta
1998 Riv
54_nailhead
TonySmooth89
TType_Riviera
palermocorey90
nothincame2mind
Ridin-Rivi
Buapo
jax95riv
Andysdorm
102 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
patillac
patillac

Name : Pat
Merit : 1

The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 8:33 pm

ONLY the body was a kit. the rest of the car was hand made on like most of these kits that are based on a V.W. or Fiero platform. My car has a custom frame with corvett c4 suspension system.so please dont talk down on it just cause you asume that its a Fiero. owned
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/1984caprice
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

Name : Randall
Merit : 90

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 5:36 pm

Hadn’t put any of my other rides here yet, so I decided I would.
I just got the Road King cleaned and polished after letting it set and get looking pretty bad while I was spending so much time on the ’95 Riv.
Washed and polished, what a pain, 8-10 hours to polish all of the Chrome!

Anyway here it is:

The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 2 P1010211

The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 2 P1010212

The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 2 P1010213
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/99Rivman
Chicken
Aficionado
Chicken

Name : Mark
Merit : 8

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 5:39 pm

very nice....what year is that?
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

Name : Codith
Merit : 140

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 8:58 pm

The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 2 75e80fee

The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 2 Ca7bb016

This was my first car. I got it for free with a blown motor so I just had to buy a motor and put it in. Other stuff went bad on it though so I got rid of it for the following car.

The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 2 616b2c8a

The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 2 22872753

The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 2 85e51c8f

That was my second and previous car. great car!

The truck I posted before is now primarily driven by my friends mom so I don't use it much anymore.
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

Name : Randall
Merit : 90

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 12:59 pm

Chicken wrote:
very nice....what year is that?
Thanks bow
This one is a 100th Ann. 2003 FLHRCI.
I've got another one but it isn't clean enough for pictures right now, I'll add them when and if I get it cleaned up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/99Rivman
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 1:19 pm

Turtle, nice looking sound system in that eclipse. Got any closeups? I recall my buddies '99 eclipse having a lot of space to fill where the stock radio had been...
Back to top Go down
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

Name : Codith
Merit : 140

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 3:49 am

deekster_caddy wrote:
Turtle, nice looking sound system in that eclipse. Got any closeups? I recall my buddies '99 eclipse having a lot of space to fill where the stock radio had been...

I don't think I have any closeups. I'm using the same head and EQ in the riv now. The top was just a little thermal monitor/cooling fan I put in to take up the space to fill the double-din. These decks can get very hot, by the way. If I drove the car for say an hour or longer and listened to loud music the whole time, the deck would continuously get hotter and hotter. I had the sensor right on a flat section of the heat sink for the cd player. Thing is the sensor maxed out at 160F so in about 40min or so of blasting music, I'd have no reading.
Back to top Go down
Lucas
Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 3:41 pm

The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 2 2624fuh
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/gesues
Andysdorm
Aficionado
Andysdorm

Name : Andrew
Merit : 6

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 24, 2008 11:09 am

redreatta wrote:
88 Reatta - all stock - 108K

94 Mercury Capri N/A - 38K - 5-speed

94 Mercury Capri XR2 Turbo - 118K - 5-speed, one of only 366 made in 1994

Cool collection.

I had a chance to get 3 Mercury Capris conv. for $700/ 3 cars.

I though I'd be able to make a decent car out of the parts but the cost was too great and I wanted something right away.

The Capri roadsters are interesting cars. I've never heard of them prior to 2006 when I was roadster shopping; grad gift to myself.

You may already know but the Capri (your gen) is mechanically similar to a Mazda 323. So if you need more parts they might be cheaper. Never know.

I didn't check where your from but how's the Reatta in the winter? I see a few for sale arounf here, not in as good condition but I think they're cool. And I can only allow myself another car if it's for the winter. And I'd have to go with a coupe.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/671386
Andysdorm
Aficionado
Andysdorm

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 24, 2008 11:20 am

Here's My New Car. It's tough to find a replacement for the Riv and still there are some traits I like about the Riv that the Crossfire doesn't have.....and vise versa.

The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 2 MyCrossfirePics004
The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 2 MyCrossfirePics005
The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 2 MyCrossfirePics006
The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 2 MyCrossfirePics007
Back to top Go down
Supercharged
Addict
Supercharged

Name : Blake
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 24, 2008 11:41 am

is that thing fast, i heard thier decent?
Back to top Go down
Andysdorm
Aficionado
Andysdorm

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 24, 2008 12:44 pm

definitly FAST.

Many people will tell you they are underpowered but they have very high expectations for a $35k car.

I'm not sure the real hp, think it's around 240/250, which doesn't sound impressive but when you can pass around 3 cars without doubt or fear, that is a great fealing.

This is by far the fastest vehicle I have ever driven and it is very smooth. Unlike the Riv forcing you back in your seat at launch, the Crossfire is more like the Millenium Falcon. You are smooth until you high the lightspeed and it feels like your streaming forward. Unreal.

Drawback to the Crossfire is having it be such a unique vehicle that you have to park all the way in the lot and watch it from the inside of the store. These are rare around here.

And even though the kid down the street has one and used it during the winter, I can't forsee myself digging it out to go to work. But it's do-able.
Back to top Go down
Shintsu
Expert

Name : Shintsu
Merit : -16

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 24, 2008 9:12 pm

Whoever it was who posted about the Mercury Capris, wow that seems to be the case every time! I just saw this:
http://louisville.craigslist.org/cto/811203521.html

Three Capris for $2300. Seems like they come in bunches!
Back to top Go down
manofmany
Addict

Name : manofmany
Merit : 5

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 11:06 am

It makes me sick to post these pictures of the life I use to live compared to where I'm at now. Every vehicle I've ever owned was paid for in cash. Now I'm down to a Riviera. Not knocking the Riviera by any means, but it goes to show how quickly ones lifestyle can change

The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 2 Driver

The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 2 Stsup5

I also had another bronzemist STS with those same wheels but cant get back far enough on my cadillacforum history to retrieve the pictures.

Also had a velocity red RX-8 for about a month, traded it + cash for the Escalade.
Back to top Go down
captshiner
Junkie
captshiner

Merit : -1

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 11:18 am

Manofmany, what were you doing at the age of 24 to be able to pay cash for those Cadillacs?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=572362129
manofmany
Addict

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 11:26 am

captshiner wrote:
Manofmany, what were you doing at the age of 24 to be able to pay cash for those Cadillacs?

I got several big jobs and small jobs doing design and other small projects editing PHP scripts. Did this about a year while investing the money wisely. Then I had my son and took some time off and never really got back into it. I don't make near the money. I've been trying to get my head straightened back out over the past 6 months but I've still gotten nowhere. I really need to set some time aside each night to focus on things but it's really difficult having a very active child, although thats no excuse.

I never did anything illegal like lots of people thought, including cops. I just preferred to ride in style.

Graphic design, implementation, programming pay well but you have to keep with it. Something I've never been very good at unforunately headbutt

The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 2 N32306369_31691040_2835
Back to top Go down
captshiner
Junkie
captshiner

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 12:20 pm

I know how you feel with the 'new baby' deal, my son is 2 and he sure takes up alot of my time. It's worth it though. Yeah, sorry but I got the same impression that the police did aparently. I was going to go to school for graphic design but the school I wanted to go to was way too expensive. I'm just going to go get an ASE certification while my wife is in med school.
Back to top Go down
manofmany
Addict

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 12:29 pm

captshiner wrote:
I know how you feel with the 'new baby' deal, my son is 2 and he sure takes up alot of my time. It's worth it though. Yeah, sorry but I got the same impression that the police did aparently. I was going to go to school for graphic design but the school I wanted to go to was way too expensive. I'm just going to go get an ASE certification while my wife is in med school.

No problem smile It sounds like we share the same ambitions. I've completed part of an IT degree. I wanted to originally become a Linux Administrator but realized my courses in no way were assisting the things I needed to learn that I did not already know. Basically you needed to learn everything on your own, spend a bunch of money on a degree, and then get a job.

I love computers/design but I also LOVE working on my vehicles. I've considered the mechanic route myself. Sounds like your wife my have you guys set eventually smile My fiance is finishing up her bachelors in early childhood development to be a teacher. Good luck with getting ASE certified!

I'll be sticking it out with my Riv and my 99 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited til they let me down!
Back to top Go down
captshiner
Junkie
captshiner

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 12:44 pm

She's going to be a Cardiologist, so when we get all her loans paid off we will definatly be set as long as she can find a job. Which shouldn't be hard, we live in the fastest growing part of Ohio. We've had 2 brand new hospitals open up this year and downtown there's 5 or 6 well established ones. I'm going to take the 2 year course at a local tech school. I can't go through 4 years, I'm not patient enough for that much school. That Jeep should last you quite awhile, my mom has a '96 GC Laredo that's still like new and my Riv is a '97 with 253k miles on it and it's still running like new as well. What part of IN is Greencastle? Considering I'm in Cincinnati, I'm close enough to Indiana.
Back to top Go down
Lucas
Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 12:47 pm

i'm glad you guys like jeeps, myself, i cant stand mopar! i put them in the same categorey as ford!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/gesues
manofmany
Addict

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 12:51 pm

captshiner wrote:
She's going to be a Cardiologist, so when we get all her loans paid off we will definatly be set as long as she can find a job. Which shouldn't be hard, we live in the fastest growing part of Ohio. We've had 2 brand new hospitals open up this year and downtown there's 5 or 6 well established ones. I'm going to take the 2 year course at a local tech school. I can't go through 4 years, I'm not patient enough for that much school. That Jeep should last you quite awhile, my mom has a '96 GC Laredo that's still like new and my Riv is a '97 with 253k miles on it and it's still running like new as well. What part of IN is Greencastle? Considering I'm in Cincinnati, I'm close enough to Indiana.

I'm sure she'll have no trouble finding a job in that area. The Jeep is loaded and has about 137k on it now. We've put quite a few miles on it. You can see from the Escalade picture we had a 98 Cherokee as well, sold it and upgraded to the newer model Grand Cherokee. Fiance had to have it. I like it minus the gas mileage on the 4.7 V8

My 97 riv has about 183k on it now and runs like new. I think alot of these Rivieras were really maintained well. What I took in from potential purchases were that most people bought them for travelling purposes.

Greencastle is in Central Indiana, right between Indy and Terre Haute. I'm about 2 hours from Cinci, atleast Kings Island. You might have heard of Depauw University, well thats in this town.

Lucas, I'm not a big Mopar fan and can't stand how people push Mopar products such as oils and whatnot on the Jeep forums. Our Jeeps have held up exceptionally well, with the exception of the cooling system on the 98 Cherokee we had.
Back to top Go down
captshiner
Junkie
captshiner

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 12:59 pm

The only Mopar product I would EVER own is the '71 Baracuda. The Jeep GC has had a reliable track record for everyone I know who has one. I'm still a GM man. I'd own a Ford before a Mopar, and never anything asian ever again. The only reason I ever did drive a Honda is because my mom got me a '91 Accord when I was 16. The entire cat-back of the exhaust fell off withing 2 months of me driving it, the spark plug igniter went out and finally it started leaking oil so bad that I would go through 2 quarts in 5 miles, all that happened within 3 months of driving. Working on asian cars is too frustrating anyway, everythings all crammed up all ass-backwards under there. If I were a smaller man (I'm about average sized) I MIGHT consider it.

Manofmany, I grew up 10 min. down the road from King's Island. I'm glad Cedar Parks bought it, they might actually get some better roller coasters. Many people around here are predicting that Cedar Parks is going to tear down alot of the Cedar Point roller coasters and ship them down to KI so they can build bigger and better ones up there. I think you and the Columbus guys are the closest ones to me.
Back to top Go down
manofmany
Addict

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 1:24 pm

captshiner wrote:
The only Mopar product I would EVER own is the '71 Baracuda. The Jeep GC has had a reliable track record for everyone I know who has one. I'm still a GM man. I'd own a Ford before a Mopar, and never anything asian ever again. The only reason I ever did drive a Honda is because my mom got me a '91 Accord when I was 16. The entire cat-back of the exhaust fell off withing 2 months of me driving it, the spark plug igniter went out and finally it started leaking oil so bad that I would go through 2 quarts in 5 miles, all that happened within 3 months of driving. Working on asian cars is too frustrating anyway, everythings all crammed up all ass-backwards under there. If I were a smaller man (I'm about average sized) I MIGHT consider it.

Manofmany, I grew up 10 min. down the road from King's Island. I'm glad Cedar Parks bought it, they might actually get some better roller coasters. Many people around here are predicting that Cedar Parks is going to tear down alot of the Cedar Point roller coasters and ship them down to KI so they can build bigger and better ones up there. I think you and the Columbus guys are the closest ones to me.

Probably. I'm only about 20 minutes from Eric. Have yet to meet him though. I didn't know Cedar parks bought them out. I just heard yesterday they were talking about adding a coaster called Diamondback to KI. I've been to Cedar Point twice, went last year. It's hands down the best Amusement Park I've been to. So many awesome coasters, especially the Millenium Force and The Maverick. We always stay at the breakers hotel so we can get in an hour early.
Back to top Go down
Shintsu
Expert

Name : Shintsu
Merit : -16

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 6:28 pm

Lucas wrote:
i'm glad you guys like jeeps, myself, i cant stand mopar! i put them in the same categorey as ford!
agree
Back to top Go down
Andysdorm
Aficionado
Andysdorm

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 8:57 pm

Shintsu wrote:

Three Capris for $2300. Seems like they come in bunches!

You know they're ripe for the picking when they get a bit brown and have bees in them.

It was me, I was the one who posted the 3/ $700. One 'worked' and the other two meh.

I kinda liked the design in some pics I've seen. I had aspirations of turning the one Franken-Capri into a Ford Clubsprint from Austrailia.
The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 2 2019_3lo
The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 2 2019
The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 2 2019_8mg

Half done up
The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 2 Capri_Body_Kit-739765

I thought they looked a bit more masculine than a Miata. And they do but to my knowledge, the US Capris roadsters are a gamble with reliability. But get one going and I bet they're just as fun as my micromachine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I)
Page 2 of 39Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next