Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

DHP-Power tuner,Rockers or PEMS.

Go down 
+2
AA
rivwilly107
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
palermocorey90
Expert
palermocorey90

Name : Corey
Merit : -24

DHP-Power tuner,Rockers or PEMS. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DHP-Power tuner,Rockers or PEMS.   DHP-Power tuner,Rockers or PEMS. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 4:57 pm

get headers

http://www.ssautochrome.com/level.itml/icOid/1886
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/glowinstrat
rivwilly107
Enthusiast
rivwilly107

Name : Jim
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: DHP-Power tuner,Rockers or PEMS.   DHP-Power tuner,Rockers or PEMS. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 5:19 pm

palermocorey90 wrote:
get headers

These are nice! Do you have these headers? How is the install on them?
Back to top Go down
rivwilly107
Enthusiast
rivwilly107

PostSubject: Re: DHP-Power tuner,Rockers or PEMS.   DHP-Power tuner,Rockers or PEMS. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 6:58 pm

Do I need a crossover pipe?I saw one at ZZP for 59.99, Its ceramic coated.Wasnt sure if stock one could be used.
Back to top Go down
palermocorey90
Expert
palermocorey90

PostSubject: Re: DHP-Power tuner,Rockers or PEMS.   DHP-Power tuner,Rockers or PEMS. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 7:27 pm

rivwilly107 wrote:
palermocorey90 wrote:
get headers

i do not have these headers yet, that's in late July hopefully. the guy that built my engine. Dave he has them. IMO there bad ass. thats why im getting them

with the header set, you do not need a cross over pipe. it comes with the front manifold, the "crossover", rear manifold, and there version of a down pipe.

and they will ship to your door for 324.00
Back to top Go down
rivwilly107
Enthusiast
rivwilly107

PostSubject: Re: DHP-Power tuner,Rockers or PEMS.   DHP-Power tuner,Rockers or PEMS. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 9:02 pm

palermocorey90 wrote:
rivwilly107 wrote:
palermocorey90 wrote:
get headers

i do not have these headers yet, that's in late July hopefully. the guy that built my engine. Dave he has them. IMO there bad ass. thats why im getting them

with the header set, you do not need a cross over pipe. it comes with the front manifold, the "crossover", rear manifold, and there version of a down pipe.

and they will ship to your door for 324.00
What are you doing for the Catalytic Converter ? Will the stock one allow enough exhaust flow?
Back to top Go down
palermocorey90
Expert
palermocorey90

PostSubject: Re: DHP-Power tuner,Rockers or PEMS.   DHP-Power tuner,Rockers or PEMS. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 9:12 pm

im going to run a high flow cat
Back to top Go down
rivwilly107
Enthusiast
rivwilly107

PostSubject: Re: DHP-Power tuner,Rockers or PEMS.   DHP-Power tuner,Rockers or PEMS. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 9:30 pm

palermocorey90 wrote:
im going to run a high flow cat
Where are you getting that from.
Back to top Go down
palermocorey90
Expert
palermocorey90

PostSubject: Re: DHP-Power tuner,Rockers or PEMS.   DHP-Power tuner,Rockers or PEMS. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 9:36 pm

Ebay, you can find them on there for very cheap
Back to top Go down
rivwilly107
Enthusiast
rivwilly107

PostSubject: Re: DHP-Power tuner,Rockers or PEMS.   DHP-Power tuner,Rockers or PEMS. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 9:46 pm

palermocorey90 wrote:
Ebay, you can find them on there for very cheap
What size are the input output need to be on th Cats. ?
Back to top Go down
dreww
Junkie
dreww

Merit : 9

PostSubject: Re: DHP-Power tuner,Rockers or PEMS.   DHP-Power tuner,Rockers or PEMS. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 10:23 pm

rivwilly107 wrote:
dreww wrote:
DHP, without a doubt.

IMO, you cant really take advantage of mods unless you can tune for them. As AA said, scanning tool is great and the DHP has that as well.

Tuning with the DHP isn't easy, but Im no computer guru and managed just fine.
With my current mods do you think im still not reaching full potential because I havn't tuned? Sounds like there is a good chance I'm getting KR , so I thought PEMs and a 3' downpipe might be a good thing to get asap.

a tuner will take out TM (torque management - a.k.a. the cars PCM limiting power) and you can probably tune out any or some of your KR by adding fuel with the tuner. Simply put, nothing else cause really do that. I did rockers first, but would have done the tuner first if I did it over again. My car didnt feel fast, even with mods, until I had it tuned. Removing TM makes a world of difference. Again, nothing but a tuner does that.
Back to top Go down
rivwilly107
Enthusiast
rivwilly107

PostSubject: Re: DHP-Power tuner,Rockers or PEMS.   DHP-Power tuner,Rockers or PEMS. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 10:39 pm

dreww wrote:
rivwilly107 wrote:
dreww wrote:
DHP, without a doubt.

IMO, you cant really take advantage of mods unless you can tune for them. As AA said, scanning tool is great and the DHP has that as well.

With my current mods do you think im still not reaching full potential because I havn't tuned? Sounds like there is a good chance I'm getting KR , so I thought PEMs and a 3' downpipe might be a good thing to get asap.

a tuner will take out TM (torque management - a.k.a. the cars PCM limiting power) and you can probably tune out any or some of your KR by adding fuel with the tuner. Simply put, nothing else cause really do that. I did rockers first, but would have done the tuner first if I did it over again. My car didnt feel fast, even with mods, until I had it tuned. Removing TM makes a world of difference. Again, nothing but a tuner does that.
I have gone back and forth for quite a bit on this. If I get the HP Tuner for 500.00 and I cant correct my KR because of my stock front manifold than i'm kinda screwed that way also.Ive gotten alot of good advice but no real consistant agreements,more seemed inclined toward the front powerlog and 3' downpipe.However I see the reasoning behind getting the scanner. AAARGHH!! I want them ALL ! LOL:)
Back to top Go down
rivwilly107
Enthusiast
rivwilly107

PostSubject: Re: DHP-Power tuner,Rockers or PEMS.   DHP-Power tuner,Rockers or PEMS. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 10:43 pm

As far as the KR i am only assuming because of my mods,I havent heard pinging or any of the other signs of knock.I know that doesn't mean it isn't happening.Which is why scanning is important. I need more overtime!
Back to top Go down
1998 Riv
Expert
1998 Riv

Name : Dave
Merit : 44

PostSubject: Re: DHP-Power tuner,Rockers or PEMS.   DHP-Power tuner,Rockers or PEMS. - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 11:09 am

I see 4-8 deg of KR with my current mods, and no, you do not typically hear the knock.
Back to top Go down
rivwilly107
Enthusiast
rivwilly107

PostSubject: Re: DHP-Power tuner,Rockers or PEMS.   DHP-Power tuner,Rockers or PEMS. - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 11:57 am

I decided to go with the Stainless steel Powerlog,Ceramic crossover. I'll be getting the3' downpipe/ cat. combo at Hogans.Next will be a scanner of some sort.Probably a HP Tuner.Really wish one of you were closer to me I'd pay you to scan and tune untill I get my own.Anyone in the upstate NY area? I'm 30 miles south of Syracuse.
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 252

PostSubject: Re: DHP-Power tuner,Rockers or PEMS.   DHP-Power tuner,Rockers or PEMS. - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 12:56 pm

Sounds like a good plan, James. The P-Log and downpipe will only help eliminate any KR you have now. I agree a scanner should come next. The HP tuners has a scanner included, so that's a great way to start scanning now and then tune later when you need.

If you haven't seen, here is my current situation, which I would not have known about if not for my scan tool:

https://rivperformance.editboard.com/care-maintenance-f8/testing-fuel-pressure-spark-chasing-kr-t3352.htm

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
rivwilly107
Enthusiast
rivwilly107

PostSubject: Re: DHP-Power tuner,Rockers or PEMS.   DHP-Power tuner,Rockers or PEMS. - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 1:13 pm

AA wrote:
Sounds like a good plan, James. The P-Log and downpipe will only help eliminate any KR you have now. I agree a scanner should come next. The HP tuners has a scanner included, so that's a great way to start scanning now and then tune later when you need.

If you haven't seen, here is my current situation, which I would not have known about if not for my scan tool:

https://rivperformance.editboard.com/care-maintenance-f8/testing-fuel-pressure-spark-chasing-kr-t3352.htm
I remember reading your post on that,for know is my car ok as long as I dont go wot , just normal driving?
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

PostSubject: Re: DHP-Power tuner,Rockers or PEMS.   DHP-Power tuner,Rockers or PEMS. - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 1:20 pm

Normal driving and occasional WOT, you should be fine. Take it easy on the very hot days.

Never know, you may find out you're not knocking at all - in that case, it's reason to drop to 3.3"!

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
rivwilly107
Enthusiast
rivwilly107

PostSubject: Re: DHP-Power tuner,Rockers or PEMS.   DHP-Power tuner,Rockers or PEMS. - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 1:31 pm

AA wrote:
Normal driving and occasional WOT, you should be fine. Take it easy on the very hot days.

Never know, you may find out you're not knocking at all - in that case, it's reason to drop to 3.3"!
Is that your opinion with my current mod list, or after I put the PL and 3'downpipe? I guess i wasn't all that specific earlier , sorry .
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

PostSubject: Re: DHP-Power tuner,Rockers or PEMS.   DHP-Power tuner,Rockers or PEMS. - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 5:34 pm

I really have no idea. Dave (1998_Riv) had knock with a 3.6" SC pulley.

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
dreww
Junkie
dreww

Merit : 9

PostSubject: Re: DHP-Power tuner,Rockers or PEMS.   DHP-Power tuner,Rockers or PEMS. - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 8:49 pm

rivwilly107 wrote:
dreww wrote:
rivwilly107 wrote:
dreww wrote:
DHP, without a doubt.

I have gone back and forth for quite a bit on this. If I get the HP Tuner for 500.00 and I cant correct my KR because of my stock front manifold than i'm kinda screwed that way also.Ive gotten alot of good advice but no real consistant agreements,more seemed inclined toward the front powerlog and 3' downpipe.However I see the reasoning behind getting the scanner.
AAARGHH!! I want them ALL ! LOL:)
if you add enough fuel, KR should decrease...BUT, you will probably ALWAYS have some KR. Even with my mods, I get it. AA gets it too and he's well modded and tuned as well. Just FYI. Dont expect zero KR from an front manifold or any other mod. Alot of other factors go into KR than just mods. Weather, conditions, fuel octane, how your transmission shifts, etc.
Back to top Go down
1998 Riv
Expert
1998 Riv

Name : Dave
Merit : 44

PostSubject: Re: DHP-Power tuner,Rockers or PEMS.   DHP-Power tuner,Rockers or PEMS. - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 10:20 pm

rivwilly107 wrote:
AA wrote:

Is that your opinion with my current mod list, or after I put the PL and 3'downpipe? I guess i wasn't all that specific earlier , sorry .

If you are NOT getting KR(NEED to scan) with your 3.4, adding the Plog and DP should let you drop to a 3.3. But scanning is the key, otherwise you're just guessing.
Back to top Go down
rivwilly107
Enthusiast
rivwilly107

PostSubject: Re: DHP-Power tuner,Rockers or PEMS.   DHP-Power tuner,Rockers or PEMS. - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 10:30 pm

1998 Riv wrote:
rivwilly107 wrote:
AA wrote:

If you are NOT getting KR(NEED to scan) with your 3.4, adding the Plog and DP should let you drop to a 3.3. But scanning is the key, otherwise you're just guessing.
Will likely be a month or two before I can get the tuner, hopfully all is well till then!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DHP-Power tuner,Rockers or PEMS.   DHP-Power tuner,Rockers or PEMS. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

DHP-Power tuner,Rockers or PEMS.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2