Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation

Go down 
+43
stan
charlieRobinson
joshuadalegrimes
llamalor2112
abaucom
al_roethlisberger
69GSColorado
BMD
ghpcnm
dboydakid
Eldo
vovchik
robotennis61
#1BearsFan
Rickw
LARRY70GS
Mr.Riviera
TonySmooth89
patillac
KillaKeninaRiv
ibmoses
ToledoRIv
sburch23
Kustom Kreationz
oldsman105
jimmyriv
IBx1
ewolfe0050
Natesriv
palermocorey90
mr.19982tone
Ridin-Rivi
robertwolf86
T Riley
turtleman
97rivman
AA
racinfan
xxsupergman25xx
SpaceBar
Jack the R
99Rivman
97Riv-Jon
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

Name : Randall
Merit : 90

Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation   Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 4:25 pm

I got the real wood Sherwood Dash kit for one reason mainly because I wanted the one piece across the dash, to me it just looks better as one piece than two large pieces with three little strips joining them together! The fit is almost perfect, the quality was perfect, no flaws when I received it and still none after eight years! When they shipped it it was in a sturdy cardboard container with a foam egg crate material separating the pieces, it came without a mark on any of the pieces!
Keep in mind, to install the one piece across the whole dash is a pain! I removed it so I could do it with the dash panel on a bench, which made it a good bit easier than trying to install it with it in the car!
Both of the first two kits you show are Sherwood kits and they both would be purchased through that AutoMyWay, they are just the distributor for Sherwood.
Good luck on your choice, I prefer the Sherwood kit that’s for sure!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/99Rivman
Kustom Kreationz
Amateur
Kustom Kreationz

Name : Buck
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation   Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 10:51 pm

I plan on wrapping mine in suede.....[/img]
Back to top Go down
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

Name : Travis
Merit : 10

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation   Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 10:56 pm

Kustom Kreationz wrote:
I plan on wrapping mine in suede.....[/img]

https://rivperformance.editboard.com/interior-f20/suede-dash-t290.htm?highlight=suede

great minds think alike GO FOR IT........ lol lol lol i will edventually do mine probably! rolleyes
Back to top Go down
http://www.rivperformance.com
sburch23
Addict
sburch23

Name : Scott
Merit : 14

PostSubject: Wood Dash   Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 10:47 pm

Wrote BD Trims asking if they had pattern for Riv with Memory Seats and passenger side Heated Seats because the were not in the diagram. Reply was in bad English and had the same diagram that I was referring to. That experience and some other posts here have me dropping them from consideration.

I have a blue interior and was thinking of Zebra Wood or maybe a dark Burl. Besides Sherwood, is there anybody else?
Back to top Go down
IBx1
Expert
IBx1

Name : ILAN
Merit : 69

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation   Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 5:58 am

Not that I know of. I was going to get the Black Cherry or Brushed aluminum to go with my dark blue interior, but Sherwood never sent me samples in the mail, so I didn't bother. DO NOT BUY FROM BDTRIMS. You will be highly disappointed.
Back to top Go down
ToledoRIv
Special

Name : Rich

PostSubject: Sherwood Wood Dash Installation   Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 8:59 pm

Hello All!

Here's my install of a Sherwood kit, just so you all know.

Cherry Burl on the red interior of a '96.

I cleaned all vinal with mineral spirits to remove any "Armor All" and oily dirt and wax.

Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation - Page 6 001

Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation - Page 6 002

Installation tip: When doing the doors, install the top piece before the armrest piece. It will allow a better alignment of the two pieces.

Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation - Page 6 006

The Riviera nomenclature on the dash removed easily with an X-Acto knive. be careful, gentle and lift slowly. It released easily.

Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation - Page 6 004

I then placed the rest of the parts. There is some forgiveness. If you don't press too hard, you can adjust the position of the parts without too much tugging to remove them. Go slow and don't be in a hurry. Have a beer or mixed drink and consider each piece a thing of beauty ; - )

Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation - Page 6 012

Here's the dash and I like the results!

Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation - Page 6 016

For the nameplate, double sided tape from Home Depot (1" width), an X-Acto knife and a slow cutting of the excess tape gave an excellent result. I used a black "Sharpie" pen to color the edges of the white tape and a pair of electronic "nippers" to remove the plastic studs.

Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation - Page 6 017

So... here's my '96 with less than 9000 miles. Dark Cherry paint with Red interior. I'm lov'in it!

Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation - Page 6 007
Back to top Go down
http://www.oldtimeradioprograms.com
IBx1
Expert
IBx1

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation   Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 9:09 pm

Excellent color match! It goes suprisingly well with the red interior, even though it's a red wood.
Back to top Go down
palermocorey90
Expert
palermocorey90

Name : Corey
Merit : -24

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation   Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 9:24 pm

holy crap look at them miles, was that turned back? JK it looks great to bad i hate my red interior
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/glowinstrat
ibmoses
Aficionado
ibmoses

Name : Bert
Merit : 32

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation   Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 9:48 pm

Nice work.
That must be the car that was on ebay recently.
I am sure you are enjoying your NEW Riviera. clap

Bert tavis
Back to top Go down
IBx1
Expert
IBx1

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation   Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 10:13 pm

ToledoRIv wrote:

Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation - Page 6 007

Look at that buttery 750 RPM idle...

Don't you dare open that hood, take stuff apart, or touch anything other than what you have to to make that car move! That is a NEW car! No mods allowed!
Back to top Go down
sburch23
Addict
sburch23

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation   Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation - Page 6 EmptyThu May 01, 2008 8:42 pm

Did you remove the factory woodgrain piece that surrounds the radio?
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation   Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation - Page 6 EmptyThu May 01, 2008 9:41 pm

Looks good.
Nice Job thumbsup
Back to top Go down
ToledoRIv
Special

Name : Rich

PostSubject: Thanks for the compliments and responses   Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation - Page 6 EmptyWed May 07, 2008 9:15 pm

Thanks all!

In response to comments:

Yes, this is the low mile Riv that was on eBay recently. I know I paid a premium but after looking for 1 1/2 years for a good copy, I pulled together my savings and bit the bullit to buy it. I'm happier with this than I would be with any current new car offering.
joy
Oh... just over 26 MPG on a recent 500 mile trip. !

I did not remove any of the existing wood trim before install and don't notice it under the new trim pieces on the radio surround or console. But, then... I have a color vision deficiency so that may be why.
Back to top Go down
http://www.oldtimeradioprograms.com
palermocorey90
Expert
palermocorey90

Name : Corey
Merit : -24

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation   Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation - Page 6 EmptyThu May 08, 2008 3:27 pm

i vote build that sucker and kill some stangs
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/glowinstrat
KillaKeninaRiv
Addict
KillaKeninaRiv

Name : Kenneth
Merit : 6

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation   Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation - Page 6 EmptySun May 18, 2008 1:12 am

damn normally i dont like the red interiors but with that red wood trim that looks great together. where did you find the kit?
Back to top Go down
patillac
patillac

Name : Pat
Merit : 1

PostSubject: wood dash   Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 8:55 pm

have any of you guys ever seen a stock wood dash? i found one the other day but i dont know if i should get it or not?
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/1984caprice
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

Merit : 105

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation   Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 10:17 pm

No such thing, it's aftermarket.
Back to top Go down
TonySmooth89
Aficionado
TonySmooth89

Name : Anthony
Merit : 16

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation   Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 10:32 pm

Oh but there is a dealer installed kit i believe. I think Mr. Riviera's dash kit was dealer installed IIRC.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

Name : Matthew
Merit : 101

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation   Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 11:36 pm

yes, the dealer can do stuff to cars when they get them, like install dash kits, or gold trim, or chrome wheels. but none of that was "factory" ie direct from gm/buick.

Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation   Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 8:54 pm

Jack the R wrote:
No such thing, it's aftermarket.
agree
TonySmooth89 wrote:
Oh but there is a dealer installed kit i believe. I think Mr. Riviera's dash kit was dealer installed IIRC.
DIS-- agree
Mr.Riviera wrote:
yes, the dealer can do stuff to cars when they get them, like install dash kits, or gold trim, or chrome wheels. but none of that was "factory" ie direct from gm/buick.
agree
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation   Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation - Page 6 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 9:47 pm

The trim around the console is held on with 2 sided tape and the trim around the HVAC/radio is held on with screws from the back of the dash panel.
Back to top Go down
sburch23
Addict
sburch23

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation   Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation - Page 6 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 10:46 pm

So if you take off the dash panel you can unscrew the trim around radio/climate control?
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

Merit : 105

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation   Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 12:53 am

I don't think so, and if you could, the piece you get to put over the stock piece would be too small to cover the place where it goes. The edges of the kit piece are inset about 1/8" from the stock piece.
Back to top Go down
sburch23
Addict
sburch23

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation   Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 8:22 am

Thanks. Definitely something to check.
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation   Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 6:29 pm

sburch23 wrote:
So if you take off the dash panel you can unscrew the trim around radio/climate control?
Yes ...
But like Jack says, it depends on wheather or not the new/replacement piece will cover the holes or not?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation   Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Write-Up: BD Trims and Sherwood Dash Kit Installation
Page 6 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next