Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes

Go down 
+53
blk7gxn
Z-type
designer1962
Pipes
RidzRiv
gmann3001
c0reyl
bigdave
BigRay1125
Ship
Straighteight
LARRY70GS
billythekid7
BrianEsser
Rickw
VJD2
KillaKeninaRiv
NavyRivvy1989
sburch23
nothincame2mind
1995 Riv
rivboy
captshiner
98RIV7777
Snowdog
'96reese
ewolfe0050
Evil Intent
TType_Riviera
BuickRegalGSX'01'
Shintsu
IBx1
RhinoFLA
albertj
turtleman
jimmyriv
jax95riv
ibmoses
T Riley
deekster_caddy
texasfan010
Sag
palermocorey90
Jack the R
Andysdorm
1998 Riv
newcastlefatz
Rivgirl06
AA
99Rivman
SoCal Riv
Mr.Riviera
CeeKay
57 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
sburch23
Addict
sburch23

Name : Scott
Merit : 14

FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes   FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 2:53 pm

Here is Midnight Blue Pearl.

FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes - Page 6 100_0127
Back to top Go down
NavyRivvy1989
Special
NavyRivvy1989

Name : Paul Robinette
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Name of Paint?   FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes - Page 6 EmptySat May 30, 2009 9:21 pm

At the moment my 97' is this taupe-esque tan color, but i was hoping to get it redone in the hunter green sort of color that rivs also came in(since preping the body for black would be way to expensive/time consuming).Does anyone know what GM called this color? It'd probably help with the matching process to make it look like a factory color, but idk, never painted a car. Thanks in advance!(Ya'll really know these cars in side and out blindfolded!)
Back to top Go down
Snowdog
Addict
Snowdog

Name : Timo
Merit : 24

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes   FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes - Page 6 EmptySun May 31, 2009 2:06 am

i onse started to write up about all the options.
you can find the color name maybe here:
https://rivperformance.editboard.com/info-reference-f50/buick-riviera-options-t4625.htm
Back to top Go down
KillaKeninaRiv
Addict
KillaKeninaRiv

Name : Kenneth
Merit : 6

PostSubject: paint code location   FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 8:41 pm

Does anyone know the paint code location on our cars? I dont have a sticker in the trunk, and I cant make anything out from the door stickers, just tire size and rating. What should I start looking for if its on those stickers?
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes   FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 9:08 pm

KillaKeninaRiv wrote:
Does anyone know the paint code location on our cars? I dont have a sticker in the trunk, and I cant make anything out from the door stickers, just tire size and rating. What should I start looking for if its on those stickers?
\
If your paint is original, ask a GM dealer to look it up using your VIN.

albertj
Back to top Go down
VJD2
Fanatic
VJD2

Name : Vinny
Merit : 5

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes   FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 10:03 pm

# GM Paint Color Code Location: Usually found: Glove Box or Rear Compartment (15, 18) (Spare Tire Cover / Wheel Well or inside Deck Lid)
# Other places to look: Driver Side Door Jamb (6), Passenger Door Rear Face, Left Rear Access Door, Left Rear Compartment Inside Door, Passenger Side Sun Visor, Under Driver Seat (5), or Wheel House (20).

There are so many other places for the paint color code to be located for GM cars, so if you do not see the code on those places mentioned above, we recommend that you check your Owner's manual for your vehicle for the location of paint color code. The Owner's manual does not tell you what the paint color code is, but it tells you where it's located on your vehicle. If you do not have the Owner's manual or the paint color code is illegible, contact the dealer with the VIN number on your vehicle, and they should be able to provide you with the information.

Paint Color Code Looks Like:
# Usually a three or four digits and start with a WA, such as WA9795 or without WA such as 9795. If the vehicle is two-tone there will be an “L” (for lower) or a “U” (for upper) before the numbers. Example: WA U-7154 or WA L-348D. GM usually lists two codes on every vehicle. There is usually a two digit code, such as 26.
# Hummer H1 paint color code is a 3 digit code such as B25 and does not have a WA number.
# GMC also markets other brand cars under their own name. Toyota, Suzuki, and Isuzu are all examples. If your vehicle is one of these, then the code will be found under the actual manufactures color list, not GM's. If you do not know what manufacture produced your vehicle, contact us so we can help determine the color.

FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes - Page 6 Gm-1
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 119

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes   FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 11:52 pm

Did you look for the sticker under the spare tire cover. On the back side.?
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes   FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 11:58 pm

Rickw wrote:
Did you look for the sticker under the spare tire cover. On the back side.?

wow I missed that one...

the spare tire cover if original is where the trim codes are listed, unless you have the build sheet for the car.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
BrianEsser
Enthusiast
BrianEsser

Name : Brian Esser
Merit : 8

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes   FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 12:05 am

Mine must have been replaced down the road at some period in time as there is no label on mine, nor anywhere else I can find I haven't looked for the build sheet yet, where are they on these usually? I've found them folded under seat springs, on top of gas tanks etc.
Back to top Go down
http://www.brianesser.com
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes   FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 12:56 am

BrianEsser wrote:
Mine must have been replaced down the road at some period in time as there is no label on mine, nor anywhere else I can find I haven't looked for the build sheet yet, where are they on these usually? I've found them folded under seat springs, on top of gas tanks etc.

Was one under my rear seat back, not sure why it was *there,* not sure where it is now--maybe with the tractor docs in my garage (long story).

All you really need to do is take your VIN to a GM dealer's parts counter, the counter guy can give you the codes. I've never asked (still have my label on the spare tire cover in the trunk) but I imagine they can print off a code label for you.

There used to be an on-line web site where you could do that yourself, but I can't find it and I suppose it is gone.

From the GM site:

http://www.gm.com/utilities/contact_us/contact.jsp?deep=faq

If you are seeking the complete list of options (build sheet) on Canadian vehicles dating back to 1946 and U.S. vehicles dating back to 1982, Vintage Vehicle Services is able to provide this information for a fee. If you are looking for a build sheet on an older U.S. vehicle, you may contact the General Motors Heritage Center by calling 586-276-0693 or 586-276-0691, or you may contact the Corvette Museum by calling 270-781-7973. If you are unable to obtain the build sheet through the above methods, the build sheet is not available.

Bottom line: I think if you ask nice the parts counter person or service manager can crank out a build sheet for you, most likely no charge especially if you buy parts there from time to time and it's apparent you're trying to keep your car in good shape. If you get it from the Heritage Center, I think GM wants $50 for it and gives you all kinds of other 'vintage' literature with it like the sales brochures and that for your make/model.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
KillaKeninaRiv
Addict
KillaKeninaRiv

Name : Kenneth
Merit : 6

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes   FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 11:23 am

I found mine. It was on the undersid of the spare tire cover.
Back to top Go down
billythekid7
Amateur

Name : billy

PostSubject: paint code   FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes - Page 6 EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 2:38 pm

! am new to the forumn just got a couple ?s where do possible could i find a spray bomb to the exact color of my 1998 riv? it is a pearl white color also, i need a center cap to a stock rim,..

Thanks in advance...
Back to top Go down
LARRY70GS
Aficionado
LARRY70GS

Name : Larry
Merit : 149

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes   FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes - Page 6 EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 3:41 pm

First you need the paint code. You can find that on the underside of the cover over the spare tire in the trunk. Once you have that, an auto body paint supplier can make you an aerosol spray can. Not all stores can do that. Call some in your area and find out.

Here is a list of 1998 Paint codes for Buick. I got it off www.automotivetouchup.com You can order spray cans from them as well as touch up bottles of paint.

16 Brt White Exterior
17 Silvermist Met Exterior
27 Regal Blue Met Exterior
28 Navy Blue Met Exterior
38 Dk Caribe Met Exterior
41 Black Exterior
43 Majestic Teal Met Exterior
51 Dk Toreador Met Exterior
53 Lt Toreador Met Exterior
61 Slate Green Met Exterior
78 White Diamond Met Exterior
83 Lt Antelope Met Exterior
WA105D Dk Caribe Met Exterior
WA140B White Diamond Met Exterior
WA179A Lt Antelope Met Exterior
WA257C Dk Toreador Met Exterior
WA272C Majestic Teal Met Exterior
WA301D Silvermist Met Exterior
WA307D Lt Toreador Met Exterior
WA352E Navy Blue Met Exterior
WA359E Regal Blue Met Exterior
WA378E Slate Green Met Exterior
WA8555 Black Exterior
WA9753 Brt White Exterior

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHCda-t_Jls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfT2tEO4XcU

Last edited by LARRY70GS on Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:15 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes   FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes - Page 6 EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 4:04 pm

billythekid7 wrote:
! am new to the forumn just got a couple ?s where do possible could i find a spray bomb to the exact color of my 1998 riv? it is a pearl white color also, i need a center cap to a stock rim,..

Thanks in advance...

Dealers still sell center caps for the rims.

Be sure to take a friendly sense of humor and acute sense of irony, you will need both when dealer tells you the price.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
billythekid7
Amateur

Name : billy

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes   FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes - Page 6 EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 10:43 am

thanks for info
Back to top Go down
Straighteight
Straighteight

Merit : 1

PostSubject: Riviera Paint numbers   FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 2:45 pm

What is the actual color and paint formula for 1985 Riviera paint number Dis 8237?
This is not the Buick color, it is the Riviera color. Charts insist on giving all Buicks with that number the same, but Riviera is different.
Back to top Go down
Ship
Fanatic
Ship

Name : Dave
Merit : 37

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes   FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 9:43 am

I'm taking a logshot here but I think 8237 on a Riviera is called Firemist Red and used on the convertible. Riviera convertibles of this era were only offered in two exterior colors, white or firemist red; interior only in red....
Back to top Go down
Straighteight
Straighteight

Merit : 1

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes   FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 10:28 am

Thanks Dave, is this the same color as the full size Buicks used? The name that 8237 uses sure doesn't sound like firemist red or anything close.
Back to top Go down
Ship
Fanatic
Ship

Merit : 37

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes   FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 5:09 pm

I googled GM 8237 and found the Camero called it Regents Red and Buick (other than Rivieras) called it Autumn Maple Firemist. You might want to check with an auto dealer...they will look it up and tell you every car 8237 was used on and what color it was/is now. I do know that some color codes were discontinued and another completely different color was subsequently assigned. Also, different color names might be discontinued and now called something else but the color is still the same shade...ex: the color of my 92 Riv was once called Black Sapphire Metallic only to be changed to Midnight Blue Metallic...the code and color remained the same...a very dark blue.
Back to top Go down
BigRay1125
Enthusiast
BigRay1125

Name : Ray

PostSubject: PAINT CODE LOCATION    FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 8:58 am

WHERES THE PAINT CODE LOCATION LOOKED IN THE THE USUAL PLACES
OR WHAT IS THE PAINT CODE 4 MY CAR
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2687212/1995-buick-riviera
bigdave
Fanatic

Merit : 22

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes   FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 9:27 am

Pull back your trunk interior and check on inside of 1/4 panel. I'm pretty sure it is on the right side.
Back to top Go down
LARRY70GS
Aficionado
LARRY70GS

Name : Larry
Merit : 149

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes   FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 10:01 am

On my 98, it is on a sticker on the underside of the cover for the spare tire well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHCda-t_Jls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfT2tEO4XcU
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

Name : Randall
Merit : 89

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes   FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 10:50 am

On my '95 it is stuck to the inside of the right quarter panel, as Dave said. On my '99 it is under the spare tire cover as Larry said. I'm not sure what year they changed the location but I would guess yours is on the inside of the right quarter panel.

I'm not sure of the paint code for your Riv but the circled number on the tag pictured below is the paint code, I believe this tag is from my '99 Silver Arrow.
FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes - Page 6 P1010012
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/99Rivman
BigRay1125
Enthusiast
BigRay1125

Name : Ray

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes   FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 6:36 pm

Thanx I Found It Question SHOULD I REMOVE MY BUMPERS IF IM GETTING MY CAR THE SAME COLOR
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2687212/1995-buick-riviera
bigdave
Fanatic

Merit : 22

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes   FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 8:17 am

I always recommend removing bumper covers when painting a car. Paint will tend to flake and peel along seams if left on. I also recommend removing as much trim as possible. These cars are relatively easy to disassemble. You will save the expense of removing your 1/4 glass with the carriage roof. Everything else comes off fairly easy. I believe there is a post on here showing how all the trim is removed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes   FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

FAQ: Riviera Paint Colors/Codes
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next