Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote

Go down 
+57
100percentjake
BMD
Rivit
slugranch
llamalor2112
sniperdude
jbeganny
th3fr4nchi5e
Trystlore
riviera559
nothincame2mind
robotennis61
Cmurphy
Abaddon
shrek
BrianEsser
LARRY70GS
98inSFl
Rickw
maximum
chrldo
Eldo
Hard4unot2
slacker2620
DEMonte1997
albertj
dnyce200
71stagegs
dscott2000
EatDirtFartDust
Sweepspear
deekster_caddy
manofmany
GMFreak8
curious riv
mdhall1
Ryan from Ohio
rivparadise
98RIV7777
ibmoses
97Riv-Jon
96riv
racinfan
mayfair4life187
99Rivman
steel2040
SpaceBar
jimmyriv
T Riley
AA
1998 Riv
jax95riv
NO 4 EVR
98riv
5 rivs rgt now
61 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 181

FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote   FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 7:06 am

Trystlore wrote:
Was trying to program a fob the other day, {pointless after all fob was dead /sigh) but the issue i had was following the write up on the site here i set the system into learn mode and got the lock/unlock response just fine, how ever when i closed the door and turned the key to the "on" position the doors didnt lock. Was wondering if this sounds like a fault in the system or what. The security still works if i arm it and use the test described in the write up about opening it the lights flash. Horn is stuck on atm so fuse for it is pulled . I was "informed" that when i got a new fob programmed in that it would solve the horn issue so i could put the fuse back in. Not sure of the truth to that. Anyway ideas on why no lock response on the turn ignition to on position would be appreciated or answers to any of my unvoiced yet apparent issues. thanks in advance.

I have a hunch you need to check your owners manual - and check if the proc you found on this site is in deed for your year Riv. They varied between 95 and later I think.
Back to top Go down
th3fr4nchi5e
Addict
th3fr4nchi5e

Name : Dave
Merit : 28

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote   FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 1:14 pm

I just tried it and was able to program another remote. I jumped pins 4+8, closed the door, and turned the ignition on. The doors DID NOT lock. I held the unlock button and it immediately locked/ unlocked. I held for about 10 sec and nothing else happened. I took the wire out of the pins and the fob was working!

The only problem was it deprogrammed my current remote. I did the same and reprogrammed my original with no problems. I can only get one to work at a time though. Hope this helped!
Back to top Go down
Trystlore
Trystlore

Name : Mike Woods
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote   FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 3:12 pm

th3fr4nchi5e wrote:
I just tried it and was able to program another remote. I jumped pins 4+8, closed the door, and turned the ignition on. The doors DID NOT lock. I held the unlock button and it immediately locked/ unlocked. I held for about 10 sec and nothing else happened. I took the wire out of the pins and the fob was working!

The only problem was it deprogrammed my current remote. I did the same and reprogrammed my original with no problems. I can only get one to work at a time though. Hope this helped!

I appreciate that it might be a security difference in the 95 as state above soon as i get my fob fixed or replaced i will try again. thanks all for all your help and time.
Back to top Go down
LARRY70GS
Aficionado
LARRY70GS

Name : Larry
Merit : 149

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote   FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 6:54 pm

You have to program all remotes at the same time. Once you jump out the pins and close the doors, you turn the ignition on. Take the first remote and hold BOTH the lock and unlock buttons on the remote. You hold them until you hear the door locks cycle. Then you repeat with your other remotes. You can program up to 4 this way. When you are finished, you remove the jumper, and then shut the ignition. That is how my 98 programs. If you don't program ALL the remotes at the same time, it erases the one you didn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHCda-t_Jls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfT2tEO4XcU
Back to top Go down
jbeganny
Enthusiast

Name : John Beganny
Merit : 2

PostSubject: Key remotes   FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 6:18 pm

After receiving the correct remotes for my 95 Riv SC I tried to jump pin 4 and pin 8 on the DLC in an effort to program the new remotes. Nothing doing. It didn't work and I couldn't get a response from either #4 or #8 with an electrical test light. The locks did nothing. I know the car has the capability cause I called the dealership and gave them my VIN number and they say the car has the locks. I didn't get any FOB's when I bought it. I used a paper clip and got no reading on the clip when connected. What do I do now? I tried it four times.
Back to top Go down
sniperdude
Fanatic
sniperdude

Name : Mike
Merit : 18

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote   FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 6:41 pm

Try disconnecting your battery and then reconnecting, and retry the process. If it doesn't work, you might have a blown fuse or perhaps the IR receiver in the rear window tray is not hooked up.

Last edited by sniperdude on Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sniperdude
Fanatic
sniperdude

Name : Mike
Merit : 18

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote   FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 6:43 pm

Do your power locks work if you use the switches on the doors?
Back to top Go down
jbeganny
Enthusiast

Name : John Beganny
Merit : 2

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote   FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 7:08 pm

I will try the battery disconnect. Yes, the locks work on the doors.
Back to top Go down
llamalor2112
Junkie
llamalor2112

Name : Evan
Merit : 13

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote   FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote - Page 7 EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 2:58 pm

Are the aforementioned instructions to be had anywhere by chance?
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

Name : Randall
Merit : 90

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote   FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote - Page 7 EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 4:23 pm

I posted the instructions on here somewhere a few years ago, just don't remember exactly where right now? scratch
Sorry?
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/99Rivman
th3fr4nchi5e
Addict
th3fr4nchi5e

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote   FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote - Page 7 EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 8:09 pm

Back to top Go down
llamalor2112
Junkie
llamalor2112

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote   FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 12:12 am

Aha! Right under my nose. Thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
th3fr4nchi5e
Addict
th3fr4nchi5e

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote   FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 12:26 am

No problem! And if by any chance you are programming two remotes, you need to do them both together or it will forget the previous! I couldnt figure that out! Hahaha
Back to top Go down
llamalor2112
Junkie
llamalor2112

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote   FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 2:07 am

Oh really? What if I already have one it knows. I have to reprogram it in tandem with the new one then?
Back to top Go down
th3fr4nchi5e
Addict
th3fr4nchi5e

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote   FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 2:21 am

Yep. I added a new one but then my original no longer worked, had to go back and do them both together when the car was in its "learn" mode.
Back to top Go down
llamalor2112
Junkie
llamalor2112

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote   FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 3:44 am

Gotcha. Thanks for saving me that extremely fun time!
Back to top Go down
LARRY70GS
Aficionado
LARRY70GS

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote   FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 8:17 am

And make sure you pull the jumper BEFORE you shut off the ignition or you will erase what you just programmed.

Back to top Go down
llamalor2112
Junkie
llamalor2112

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote   FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 2:43 pm

Also an incredibly likely thing I might've done lol noted
Back to top Go down
llamalor2112
Junkie
llamalor2112

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote   FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 3:08 pm

And to be sure, trunk will just automatically program then?
Back to top Go down
th3fr4nchi5e
Addict
th3fr4nchi5e

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote   FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 3:11 pm

Yep. New key fob(s) will work just like the original!
Back to top Go down
llamalor2112
Junkie
llamalor2112

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote   FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 3:25 pm

Great! smile no more having to press half a zillion times to lock/unlock from worn buttons. It's always so anticlimactic approaching the car haha
Back to top Go down
slugranch
Amateur

Name : Gary Miller
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Keyless remote.   FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 8:11 pm

My girlfriend has an issue with the keyless remote. She wants the parking and marker lights to flash when she hits the keyless remote to unlock her car. Is there a way to set this feature? There's nothing in the owner's manual to say whether it can be programmed into the remote, or the receiver.
Back to top Go down
Rivit
Enthusiast
Rivit

Name : Jim
Merit : 22

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote   FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 10:57 pm

Gary,

Not an option on the 95s, later years may have included wiring links to the parking and tail lights? On the 95, interior door courtesy lights come on with the remote lock and unlock, but no others.

Now's a good time to re-welcome you to RP and reiterate what Centurion previously conveyed: "Great to have another Wa. State owner onboard".yay  If you haven't already done so, plan on the 22nd Buick Open in Puyallup, June 20th and 21st, 2015. This show coincides with the "Meeker Days Festival" and is attended by over 10,000 party goers and a few hundred beautiful Buicks! smile  Hope to see you there! In the mean time post some pictures of that "straight as a string" 95.
Also if your interested in 95 memorabilia and valuable printed material (reasonably priced) look to postings from 99Rivman, who offers beautiful Palo Alto prints of the 95 Gen 8, Press Release Riviera binder materials, along with project hats, pins and T-shirts. Randall owns 6? 7? Riviera's including a beautiful Black 95 Senior Gold winner two 99 Silver Arrows.
Back to top Go down
BMD
Aficionado
BMD

Name : BMD
Merit : 36

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote   FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 5:20 pm

Does anyone know if you can program more than two remotes per car? Tried a third on my Dads 99 Park Ave, and it wouldn't program.
Back to top Go down
LARRY70GS
Aficionado
LARRY70GS

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote   FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 7:26 pm

I could on my 98.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote   FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next