Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I)

Go down 
+98
Sir Psycho Sexy
joshuadalegrimes
matt270avian
peakwynn
al_roethlisberger
bigdave
T Riley
jlaw
billy1290
llamalor2112
Selcouth
fieromanie
Mattwa
th3fr4nchi5e
Mikel
highwaywarrior
Jamax
charlieRobinson
Jason
Ultra16
gmann3001
69GSColorado
2000ws6transam
RidzRiv
Rivillac
LARRY70GS
dhughes03
MC CUSTOMS
rk0ehn
jimmyriv
sburch23
Z-type
adri
setsuna57
Ship
dreww
Hometown Hero
denim
RivieraTim
96riv
mudbuny76
RoughNecks17
97buickriviera
abaucom
ghpcnm
themanwithsauce
Bowersk
Fastbuick95
BlownRiv
stan
L67
7901mark
DEMonte1997
black shadow
VJD2
Sweepspear
J. Chris Davis
97 park ave
BMD
moldymac
madrivage
robotennis61
Abaddon
AA
flyineagle96
jonly
Eldo
cadillacman
IBx1
zombiesarebad
1wickedninja
dscott2000
daltonultra
jamie
captshiner
manofmany
Supercharged
Lucas
deekster_caddy
turtleman
Chicken
99Rivman
Jack the R
Shintsu
patillac
redreatta
1998 Riv
54_nailhead
TonySmooth89
TType_Riviera
palermocorey90
nothincame2mind
Ridin-Rivi
Buapo
jax95riv
Andysdorm
102 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
RidzRiv
Addict
RidzRiv

Name : Greg
Merit : 17

The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 17 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 1:43 am

Wow Sean you've had some awesome cars! I have a question for ya. Which RX-7 did you think was more fun? My uncle said he had a first generation when they came out. He says it was an awesome car. My sister's current boyfriend has a second generation, and i've had some seat time in it. That thing is fast and nimble! It was up to 130 in no time on the country roads! I would like to know the opinion of someone who has owned and driven both.
Back to top Go down
denim
Junkie
denim

Name : Sean
Merit : 33

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 17 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 2:55 am

Thanks for asking!
The 1st generation RX7 ('79) was a hoot to drive as it was my first real sports car. And of course, it was my first (and only) brand-new-off-the-lot-car-that-no-one-else-had-farted-in-the-seat smile Stuck to the road if it was dry, had enough power to get out of it's own way, and had kids asking me if it was a Ferrari. Sadly, it wasn't built for NY winters, didn't know which end was to lead (50-50 weight distribution) and (I had it for 9 years) eventually rotted and started to come apart. Had to rebuild the floor under driver's seat when nearly fell through. Sold. I now see have the wrong model year in the album. The car pictures is an FB, mine was a SA, the very first cars. Same color! Wish I could find my box of photos!
The next gen ('87) was a much better vehicle all around. Handled way better (rack & pinion, independent suspension) and more power, sound system, other thangs. I don't drive 130mph, but this car was very fast, especially through the esses. Had a rear-steering effect by changing toe-in-toe-out at different cornering loads at speed. Could pass and change lanes with confidence. Sad end for this also... a PU ran a stop sign, pulling across my path (we dodged that bullet), but a young dude tried the same thing right behind the truck, then stopped in the middle of the road when he realized his idiocy. T-bone and two totaled cars.
Anyway, both RX's had rotary power -- smooth and quiet until you let them loose. Mostly trouble-free. The better car was the 2nd gen.
My next ride was the Talon. AWD and lots of turbo!
Back to top Go down
denim
Junkie
denim

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 17 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 8:56 am

For those with tiny phone displays smile Updated with wishful thinking:
www.seanfarleydesign.com/myRides_forPhone
Back to top Go down
2000ws6transam
Enthusiast
2000ws6transam

Name : steve
Merit : 6

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 17 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 10:56 am

couple of my rides

The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 17 01310

The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 17 00911

The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 17 21811

The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 17 Pict1610

The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 17 Pict1716

The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 17 Pict1611
Back to top Go down
denim
Junkie
denim

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 17 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 11:06 am

Flames everywhere! Heck, unless I'm wrong, you're mails on fire too! Must be a Hotmail account tongue
Nice rides!
Back to top Go down
IBx1
Expert
IBx1

Name : ILAN
Merit : 69

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 17 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 11:07 am

Wow, the flames on the Trans Am are really well done!
Back to top Go down
ghpcnm
Aficionado
ghpcnm

Name : Dave
Merit : 23

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 17 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 11:10 am

Nice looking rides, Steve. Did you do any of the paint work yourself?
Back to top Go down
http://www.americantorque.com/page/0/1189/
RidzRiv
Addict
RidzRiv

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 17 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 12:01 pm

Thanks for all of the info Sean! I love the sound of the rotary engines. Nothing like it! My brother currently has a 98 Eclipse Gs(non-turbo front wheel drive). It's not fast, but it is still a fun car to drive around winding roads. I can't imagine what the turbo all wheel drives are like!
Back to top Go down
denim
Junkie
denim

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 17 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 12:15 pm

Mitsubishi makes some fun cars, but like the Zero fighters they made in WWII, this engine has weaknesses. If the serpentine belt goes, valves and pistons meet with disaster. Tell your bud to make sure it and supporting components are in good shape. Experience talking smile
Back to top Go down
RidzRiv
Addict
RidzRiv

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 17 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 12:40 pm

Good info! I will definitely make sure he keeps up on his maintenance! Since he has the non turbo model, he has the chrysler 420a engine, not as fast, but it seems less complicated.
Back to top Go down
2000ws6transam
Enthusiast
2000ws6transam

Name : steve

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 17 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 4:29 pm

denim wrote:
Flames everywhere! Heck, unless I'm wrong, you're mails on fire too! Must be a Hotmail account tongue
Nice rides!

yeah did the mailbox first for practice ... didnt think anyone would see it behind the car razz thanks and yes about 12 hrs or air brushing on the flames i was happy how it all turned out.
Back to top Go down
ghpcnm
Aficionado
ghpcnm

PostSubject: Susan's Reatta   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 17 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 3:12 am

Been looking ever since I got mine...

Finally found a RED (it had to be red) REATTA for my wife with only 80,000 miles from the original owner.

She's happy now happy

Last edited by ghpcnm on Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
69GSColorado
Fanatic
69GSColorado

Name : Jordon
Merit : 29

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 17 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 3:44 am

Nice! I like the red ones as well! Now that's a sporty Buick!
Back to top Go down
IBx1
Expert
IBx1

Name : ILAN
Merit : 69

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 17 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 4:26 am

Wow, you have good luck with Reattas, Dave!
Back to top Go down
ghpcnm
Aficionado
ghpcnm

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 17 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 4:34 am

IBx1 wrote:
Wow, you have good luck with Reattas, Dave!

Patience and living next door to AZ where all the old rich folks retire ... LOL !!! lol
Back to top Go down
denim
Junkie
denim

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 17 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 6:16 am

Dave! Seek help immediately. You're a qualified Buickaholic! smile
Back to top Go down
ghpcnm
Aficionado
ghpcnm

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 17 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 7:10 am

denim wrote:
Dave! Seek help immediately. You're a qualified Buickaholic! smile
I love Buicks, Sean...always have. And I gotta say, I've really become fond of the Baby Riv.
Back to top Go down
gmann3001
Fanatic
gmann3001

Name : Glenn W. Peck
Merit : 9

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 17 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 8:24 am

Nice find
Back to top Go down
http://gmann3001@yahoo.com
Andysdorm
Aficionado
Andysdorm

Name : Andrew

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 17 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 8:44 am

bump.

I was cruising around on Pinterest's Car page and found this:

The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 17 61502351131431529_ru3K9p3m_f
The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 17 61502351131431550_5diHyCph_f
The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 17 61502351131431534_HMexCdiV_f

This Reatta is in excellent condition. I like the inclusion of the red line pinstripe similar to Cadillac Amanti. The pinstripe and red hood stripe tie in to the car's interior red leather.

What got me to click on the pics was the two-tone exterior. Upon closer inspection of the other pics, this 'silver' is actually a carbon fiber effect...I love it!

All these subtle customizations really do modernize the Reatta of which still looks pretty fresh in design.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/671386
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Name : robotennis
Merit : 143

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 17 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 9:17 am

nicest Reatta ive ever seen.
Back to top Go down
ghpcnm
Aficionado
ghpcnm

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 17 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 9:42 am

Beautiful Car...I even like the white letters bow
Back to top Go down
Hometown Hero
Junkie
Hometown Hero

Name : Klix
Merit : 16

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 17 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 9:47 am

Reatta's are sick looking. I always liked them, but like every1 else already said... 2 seater, not cool for a family. Mind you it makes my stomach turn having to install a baby seat in the back of my Riviera this year. puke
Back to top Go down
ghpcnm
Aficionado
ghpcnm

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 17 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 10:28 am

I gotta say it... I do love the Riv, BUT... I think I love the Reatta more and so does my wife. We have really fallen in love with these cars. heart
Back to top Go down
Andysdorm
Aficionado
Andysdorm

Name : Andrew

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 17 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 11:04 am

If I could find one in a condition and price that would be too tempting to pass up, I'd love to find one in either the bright red w/ caramel interior, black, or that med-dark grey like in ghpcnm's sig pic.

Some people would immediately like the bright blue but it has a weird hue to it. It's not as crisp as some of the crazy bright blues we have now. And that golden R logo with the rays bugs me. It's the only thing that looks dated. That, and the foggy upper taillight assemby some have.

And seriously, how many models in existance can fetch $10k more just by being a convertible at this age in the used market?

I would seriously consider buying coupe again if it were similar in size to the Riv. For me, the child seat is effortless in the Riv but a bear in a Saturn S-series 4-door. Though a RX8-style trick half door would be a welcome edition and I highly suggest it being standard on ALL coupes w/ rear seats. could be a good safety item if it were indipendent like the new Volester's rear trick door.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/671386
ghpcnm
Aficionado
ghpcnm

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 17 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 11:39 am

Sue's Reatta... Tan interior, 16 way power seat, Sunroof

The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 17 Buick_11
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I)   The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I) - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Other Showroom: Current / Past Rides (Pt I)
Page 17 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 39  Next