Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Exhaust tips?

Go down 
+55
BMD
BrianEsser
florence_x
VJD2
Abaddon
Rickw
Snowdog
DEMonte1997
L67
ewolfe0050
ghost88
97rivsc
#1BearsFan
deekster_caddy
sburch23
KillaKeninaRiv
riviera2454
manofmany
1wickedninja
SuperRiv07
Chicken
IBx1
Ridin-Rivi
ibmoses
99 Riviera 99
oldsman105
Sag
robotennis61
nothincame2mind
albertj
TonySmooth89
Shintsu
palermocorey90
Andysdorm
jrocha
99Rivman
jimmyriv
turtleman
97rivman
97Riv-Jon
SpaceBar
Buapo
Jack the R
Orca
ender467
racinfan
1998 Riv
TType_Riviera
¤DoughBoy¤
jax95riv
Mr.Riviera
xxsupergman25xx
AA
T Riley
Jason
59 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
oldsman105
Junkie
oldsman105

Name : Enrique Patino
Merit : 10

Exhaust tips? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust tips?   Exhaust tips? - Page 7 EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 9:49 am

Wow that looks great. But I think I will go a little lower and seperate them a bit. Thanks chicken for the work, I greatly appreciate it.

Next up after my shift kit and rear trans mount is exhaust.
Back to top Go down
1998 Riv
Expert
1998 Riv

Name : Dave
Merit : 44

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust tips?   Exhaust tips? - Page 7 EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 10:03 am

I agree, move them apart a bit. Looks good though!
Back to top Go down
IBx1
Expert
IBx1

Name : ILAN
Merit : 69

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust tips?   Exhaust tips? - Page 7 EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 10:14 am

I'll give it a shot, too. I like it cut from the bottom of the gray panel, like this:

Exhaust tips? - Page 7 Untitled-1-5
Back to top Go down
Chicken
Aficionado
Chicken

Name : Mark
Merit : 8

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust tips?   Exhaust tips? - Page 7 EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 10:27 am

that looks much better!
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
SuperRiv07
Addict
SuperRiv07

Name : Nick
Location : Brookfield, And If everything goes right A Nice big house in Bolingbrook with a big GARAGE
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust tips?   Exhaust tips? - Page 7 EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 12:40 pm

yeah that looks great
Back to top Go down
http://www.Chitownracing.com
1wickedninja
Addict
1wickedninja

Name : Josh
Merit : 5

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust tips?   Exhaust tips? - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 1:00 pm

chromed out the exhaust tips and new magnaflow mufflers!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/1wickedninja
1wickedninja
Addict
1wickedninja

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust tips?   Exhaust tips? - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 1:02 pm

stock exhaust tips chromed out with new magnafllow mufflers
Back to top Go down
manofmany
Addict

Name : manofmany

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust tips?   Exhaust tips? - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 3:43 pm

99Rivman wrote:
Mr.Riviera wrote:
little late but...

99Rivman wrote:
I'll post pics of mine when and if I ever get them on headbutt

I have tips like Matthew for my black '95 only in black chrome, I thought that would look better on a black Riv thumbsup

Well I'm a lot late but figured I'd post'em here anyway!
Exhaust tips? - Page 7 Exhaus10

Exhaust tips? - Page 7 Exhaus11

Exhaust tips? - Page 7 Exhaus12

Off topic but is that paint fresh? I think I just creamed myself.
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

Name : Randall
Merit : 89

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust tips?   Exhaust tips? - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 7:44 pm

manofmany wrote:
Off topic but is that paint fresh? I think I just creamed myself.
Thanks bow ... I THINK afraid

You can see what I went through here:
https://rivperformance.editboard.com/exterior-f12/write-up-paint-job-t707.htm
I didn't go as far as Eric is, and it took a little over a year, but yes it is fresh paint.

The final product is here:
https://rivperformance.editboard.com/showroom-f3/1995-riviera-updated-6-30-2008-t82-15.htm
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/99Rivman
riviera2454
Enthusiast
riviera2454

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust tips?   Exhaust tips? - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 11:21 pm

99rivman what brand tips are those? They look really good on that car.
Back to top Go down
1wickedninja
Addict
1wickedninja

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust tips?   Exhaust tips? - Page 7 EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 12:51 am

Photobucket my stock tips with magnaflow mufflers painted chrome!
Back to top Go down
SuperRiv07
Addict
SuperRiv07

Name : Nick
Location : Brookfield, And If everything goes right A Nice big house in Bolingbrook with a big GARAGE

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust tips?   Exhaust tips? - Page 7 EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 12:59 am

manofmany

Where did you get your Tips at Man I like the way they look
Back to top Go down
http://www.Chitownracing.com
1wickedninja
Addict
1wickedninja

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust tips?   Exhaust tips? - Page 7 EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 1:21 am

mine? they are my stock tips i just painted them and the magnaflow mufflers chrome!
Back to top Go down
KillaKeninaRiv
Addict
KillaKeninaRiv

Name : Kenneth
Merit : 6

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust tips?   Exhaust tips? - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 8:15 pm

I have tips like Matthew for my black '95 only in black chrome, I thought that would look better on a black Riv thumbsup[/quote]

Well I'm a lot late but figured I'd post'em here anyway!
Exhaust tips? - Page 7 Exhaus10

Exhaust tips? - Page 7 Exhaus11

Exhaust tips? - Page 7 Exhaus12[/quote]

hey rivman what was the name of the tips you used? im trying to find them on ebay but i cant remember the name and i keep thinking its razzi but they make body kits for auroras
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust tips?   Exhaust tips? - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 8:26 pm

KillaKeninaRiv wrote:
hey rivman what was the name of the tips you used? im trying to find them on ebay but i cant remember the name and i keep thinking its razzi but they make body kits for auroras
They are Ractive Tips:
Part Number:
T820B
Desc:
SS BLACK CHR TIP
4 3/4" X 3 1/2"
Back to top Go down
KillaKeninaRiv
Addict
KillaKeninaRiv

Name : Kenneth
Merit : 6

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust tips?   Exhaust tips? - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 14, 2008 6:01 pm

aha got you. thanks alot i needed that. i had a massive brain fart for a minute
Back to top Go down
sburch23
Addict
sburch23

Name : Scott
Merit : 14

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust tips?   Exhaust tips? - Page 7 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 10:03 pm

I would like to get chrome elliptical tips. The Ractives posted in another thread look good but I would like for the ellipse to be a little flatter like the grill or rear lights.

The only place that I have seen anything like that is on the back of a Bentley GT.
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust tips?   Exhaust tips? - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 17, 2008 4:22 pm

sburch23 wrote:
I would like to get chrome elliptical tips. The Ractives posted in another thread look good but I would like for the ellipse to be a little flatter like the grill or rear lights.
I agree about the shape, I would have liked to find something a little flatter and smaller all around, but the Ractives were the only thing I could find even close and in Black Chrome.
Back to top Go down
Shintsu
Expert

Name : Shintsu
Merit : -16

PostSubject: Could these exhaust tips be made to fit on the Riv?   Exhaust tips? - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 4:19 pm

I got the idea after seeing a Mercedes the other day with those sweet looking quad exhaust tips that those might look sweet on the Riv. I found a full set on eBay for $109 which seems pretty reasonable, but they have a funky odd angle on them due to the Mercedes bumper design. Do you all think there's any way to get these tips to fit on a Riv:
Exhaust tips? - Page 7 W220quad

Exhaust tips? - Page 7 W220quad2

They were meant to go on a car in this manner which is why they have that funky angling
Exhaust tips? - Page 7 QUA-TIPS-02

I think these tips would look nice on the Riv if I could figure out some way to mount them!

Last edited by Shintsu on Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust tips?   Exhaust tips? - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 5:22 pm

I bet you could find (also on ebay) some standard stainless steel mandrel bent pipe to make it all work. One 180 bend ought to do it. You'll cut a wedge out of each side of the bend to use, cut the current tips off the back of the riv's tailpipes, then fit it all up. You will probably not use all that much of the pipe, and one 180 ought to do it. You probably ought to weld it all together, using welding claps to hold alignment while you work it. If you don't weld the tips on you might want to cement them in place as well as use the screws - I've never done it but in this case I'd consider it.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
Shintsu
Expert

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust tips?   Exhaust tips? - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 5:33 pm

Well, I thought about some kind of pipe to make it come back straight but won't that leave the tips hanging down kind of low? I wanted them to be right up against the bumper the way they are on that Benz. I'm afraid if I put a bend in it or something that it would have a big gap and look kinda stupid.
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust tips?   Exhaust tips? - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 5:48 pm

Any good exhaust shop should be able to put a bend before the tips to make them fit. Our mufflers are up kinda high anyway, so they should be easy enough to fab into place.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust tips?   Exhaust tips? - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 5:54 pm

Suggest you get a look at some of the stock mandrel bends first, then plot the exhaust out on graph paper.

You want the tips - you now have a suggestion as to how to make them fit - so please go grab a pencil and some graph paper and figure it out. You may end up needing two pipes so you can have a bend up and down. Or you may end up not doing it becuase the pipe routing makes no sense. Or you may end up taking them to a muffler shop and having them bend/weld a special tailpipe or making a box instead of the bend.

By the way I looked at Ebay, did a seach "dual exhaust tips" and there were a couple pairs similar to those that did not require the funky bending - you'd just need to put on extensions to get under the rear fairing.

Good luck

Albertj
Back to top Go down
Shintsu
Expert

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust tips?   Exhaust tips? - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 9:37 pm

Well, I did that same search and I found this which does look nice but I'm not sure it has the same effect:
Dual Exhaust Tips Dual Outlet $55

Something about that black going into the chrome - it just looks clean and nice. I'm not opposed to those other tips I linked to though, but they'll have to be mounted further back close to the muffler. Whatever I do with tips, I plan to take to a muffler shop and have professionally welded in - no simple clamps or anything for me I like it to have a nice finished look by being welded. Basically saying since the exhaust shop I know is pretty handy, could I walk in there with the pair of these tips and say "Hey, can you guys put some bends in here so these mount up flush against the bumper" and just suggest something like what you all have said?

If I am to understand correctly you all are telling me to do it like this:
Spoiler:
Given the new pipe is not so horribly drawn, essentially the pipe would go up and then drop right down into the tip? Would this really have any negative effect on performance given something like that would make the exhaust bend unnecessarily like a U-Bend in a GTP? Not sure if it matters since it's so far back in the exhaust.

Bascially at this point I'm determining if the tips can be mounted at all. If they can, I very well may order them then do some mock mounting just holding it in place to see what it looks like before I get it welded on and everything. What do you all think about this?
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust tips?   Exhaust tips? - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 9:47 pm

I think you're on your own here.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust tips?   Exhaust tips? - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Exhaust tips?
Page 7 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next